Human Resources Assistant at Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) – Holland – TDPel Jobs
Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an international, private, non-governmental, non-profit humanitarian organization. Our organization offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters, to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. We have been working in Nigeria since February 1996. A Memorandum of Understanding between Medecins Sans Frontieres and the Federal Government of Nigeria facilitates this. We are at present co-operating with the Federal Ministry of Health, State and Local Government departments of health on various health projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resources Assistant
Location: MSF OCA, Anka Project, Zamfara
Job Type: Indefinite Period
Main Objective and Responsibility of the Position
- Execute administrative, HR and legal related tasks to support the Project Human Resources Manager following MSF standards and procedures, in order to ensure legal compliance and to realize the HR capacity required to achieve project objectives.
Description of the Responsibilities / Activities
- Under supervision of the Project HR Manager manage personal files in order to ensure accuracy, compliance and on time payments.
- Updating the HR database and personal files to facilitate HR processes management.
- Updating social security tax office files in order to meet legal requirements including specific amendments when necessary in order to ensure local labour and fiscal law compliance.
- Preparing employment contracts in conformity with legal requirements including specific amendments when necessary in order to ensure local labour and fiscal law compliance.
- Preparing monthly pay roll for all staff, editing and updating the necessary data, in order to ensure the punctuality and accuracy of staff payroll.
- Making all administrative information available to the staff (posting, meetings, etc.), supporting the Project HR Manager in translating documents into local language and assisting in meetings upon request.
- Additional HR/ Admin tasks delegated by the Project HR Manager.
Specific Project Accountabilities
- Line management responsibilities for direct reports involving roster management, performance appraisals, supervision etc
- Act as focal point for staff health insurance (complete registration and follow up)
- Ensure awareness and clear communication of the administrative information as instructed by the Line Manager,
- Supporting the Line Manager in translating documents into local language and assisting in meetings upon request.”
- Responsible for updating the social security tax office files including specific amendments when necessary in order to meet legal obligation and maintain the labour and fiscal law compliance.
- Updating the staff personal files (Hard copies and tools) and all the administrative documents to facilitate HR processes management.
- Evaluations follow-up (Action plan, updating the appropriate tool), track the training recommended for the staffs in order to make a clear staff performance report
- Incentive follow up (agreements, extension or closing)
- Manage staff rosters, providing guidance and support to line managers for completion and approval of monthly rosters.
- Preparing internal requests and liaise actively with the Logistic Supervisor and Supply Supervisor in that collaboration
- Act willingly and proactively on the other HR instructions from the line manager for the smooth running of daily tasks.
- Best knowledge of all the HR Assistant accountabilities and ready to cover the gap of HR colleague and be able to manage Homere autonomously.
Requirements (Qualifications / Experience / Knowledge)
- Business or Administration Diploma / Degree required
- Essential – Minimum 2 years’ experience in a relevant job e.g., HR Assistant or Administrative Assistant role
- Experience in staff supervision including roster management, performance appraisals
- Experience in managing payroll procedures
- Experience in creating, advising and conducting trainings on HR policies and procedures
- Experience in creating and maintaining excel databases and powerpoint presentations
- Experience with MSF or other NGO desirable
- Essential – Fluent in English (verbal/ written) and local language (Hausa)
- Essential – Excellent knowledge of word, excel, internet
- Results & quality orientation
- Behavioral Flexibility
- Commitment to MSF principles
- Stress Management.
Application Closing Date
2nd August, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.
- MSF is an equal opportunities employer and promotes diversity within the organization.