The offshore company owned by Bishop David Oyedepo, the founder and general overseer of Living Faith Church Worldwide, better known as Winners’ Chapel, has been uncovered in an investigation carried out by international journalists.
Oyedepo’s offshore company popped up as part of the ongoing global Pandora Papers reporting project led by the International Consortium of Investigative Journalists (ICIJ) in which Nigeria’s PREMIUM TIMES is a key participant.
The project involved 600 journalists from 150 news organisations around the world sorting and analysing a trove of almost 12 million confidential files, tracking down and interviewing sources, and adding context using public records and other documents.
The leaked files were retrieved from some offshore services firms around the world that set up shell companies and other offshore entities for clients, many of them, influential politicians, businesspersons, and criminals seeking to conceal their financial dealings.
According to Pandora Papers, precisely in August 2007, Oyedepo contracted the services of Business Centrum Limited, a London-based agent, to help him set up a company in the British Virgin Islands, a tax haven.
Business Centrum subsequently subcontracted Trident Trust Group, one of the world’s leading secrecy enablers and one of the most notorious providers of offshore corporate and financial services.
The company, Zadok Investments Limited, was set up on August 20, 2007 with 50,000 ordinary shares with a value of $1.00 each.
Although the directors of the company are Bishop Oyedepo and his two sons – David (junior) and Isaac, every member of Oyedepo’s family are listed as shareholders.
Oyedepo and his wife, Faith, are the largest shareholders with 30 percent of shares each.
“His children – David (junior), who in 2016 was appointed resident pastor of the headquarters of the church, known as Faith Tabernacle, has 10 percent while Isaac, who is the resident pastor of the church’s branch in Maryland, the United States of America, also has 10 per cent of the shares.
“Love and Joy – the two daughters of the cleric – were similarly given 10 percent shares each.
“The documents did not reveal the exact businesses and transactions the offshore company was set up to conduct.
“The entity however appears to be the family’s investment vehicle under which the family’s wealth is warehoused for offshore management.
“When reached via his personal email address, Mr Oyedepo did not respond to questions sent to him seeking his comments.
“We also sent the questions to the publicised emails of his church, including that of the church’s branch in Maryland. Some of the emails returned undelivered while we did not receive any response for those that delivered.
“The telephone number Mr Oyedepo listed in company documents failed to connect,” the collaborator reported.
Although the documents did not reveal what type of business the company was set up for, some of the documents revealed that the company was still active at least as recently as 2016 when Trident Trust filed a resolution of the company’s board revalidating its list of directors.
Outside his evangelical work, Oyedepo is mainly known as the founder of one of Nigeria’s most expensive universities, Covenant University. He also owns Landmark University in Omu-Aran, Kwara State, Northern Nigeria.
He also owns Faith Academy Limited alongside his wife, Faith. Faith Academy Limited is the company that runs the highbrow boarding secondary school that goes by the same name.
Oyedepo is also known for his acquisition of at least four private jets which includes, a Gulfstream V jet, said to be worth at least $30 million, two other Gulfstream planes and a Bombardier Challenger aircraft, which he operates using another of his companies, Dominion Air Limited.
Dominion Air Limited was set up in 2005 and his second son, Isaac, is listed as one of its directors.
Oyedepo is also the owner of Hebron Oil Limited and a slew of other businesses mostly located in his Canaanland estate in Ota, Ogun State.
Another company, Biblematch Media Limited, has David Oluwamakinde Oyedepo and Olukemi Omolola Oyedepo as directors.
↯↯↯Read More On The Topic On TDPel Media Below↯↯↯
In The News On TDPel Media:
- Nigerian Navy’s Newly Acquired Offshore Survey Vessel Departs Spain Nigeria – Nigerian Navy’s newest Offshore Survey Vessel, NNS LANA this afternoon, 30 April 2021, departed Las Palmas, Spain, for Banjul, Gambia on the third...
- Services and Offshore Country Operations Delivery Manager – Oilfield Equipment at Baker Hughes Services and Offshore Country Operations Delivery Manager – Oilfield Equipment at Baker Hughes – TDPel Jobs Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s...
- DEBO ADENIJI SWORN-IN AS CHAIRMAN OF NUJ LAGOS INFORMATION CHAPEL … Promises to Rebuild, Reposition Union The Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ), Lagos State Information Chapel has sworn-in Mr. Debo Adeniji as the new Chairman...
- Chapel Hill Denham Management Development Programme Recruitment 2021 Chapel Hill Denham Management Development Programme Recruitment 2021 – TDPel Jobs Apply for Chapel Hill Denham Management Development Programme Recruitment 2021. Chapel Hill Denham Management...
- How Akingbola Bypassed Protocols to Transfer Fund Offshore – Witness The ongoing trial of Erastus Akingbola, a former Group Managing Director of the defunct Intercontinental Bank, continued on February 19, 2021 before Justice A.O. Faji...
- Abu Dhabi Offshore Exploration Block awarded to consortium led by Pakistan Petroleum Limited ABU DHABI, 31st August, 2021 – The Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC) today announced the signing of a historic exploration concession agreement, awarding the...
- Request for opening of beatification cause of Neocatechumenal Way co-founder Carmen Hernández Carmen Hernandez speaks at World Youth Day in Madrid in 2011. / Bernabé V. via Wikipedia CC BY-SA 3.0 Rome Newsroom, Jul 20, 2021 /...
- UAE world leader in attracting foreign capital: MCC Petroleum Founder UMM AL QAIWAIN, 15th August, 2021 – The UAE has built a wide reputation as a leading regional hub for local and foreign investment through...
- Founder’s Memorial highlights women’s achievements as it marks Emirati Women’s Day ABU DHABI, 28th August, 2021 – The Founder’s Memorial, a permanent tribute to the late founding father of the UAE, Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al...
- Obiano Felicitates With Founder CEPHA Awka Ilonzo @ 75 Governor Willie Obiano has described foremost psychicist, Mrs Flora Ifeanyichukwu Ilonzo as a rare gift to humanity. Governor Obiano who alongside his wife, Dr Ebelechukwu,...