Prehistoric humans were already curing meat. Curing and drying meat is an age-old practise, but contemporary South Africa has perfected the art with its biltong. The finest cuts of our premium beef and venison allow us to produce the finest dried meat available. Here’s a recipe for those who like preparing their own biltong after a day of hunting or a visit to the family farm.
Homemade biltong tips
Everybody has their preferred style of biltong, just like their preferred style of any other cuisine. Some people enjoy it juicy and fatty, while others like it lean and dry. Some people enjoy it with a strong flavour from the addition of coriander and other spices, while others prefer a milder taste. The finest biltong is not produced from scraps, as is often believed, but rather from prime pieces like as fillet and rump.
For the most authentic carpaccio experience, choose beef that is close to raw and minimally cured. After cooking the fillet, cover it tightly in plastic and chill it in the fridge. You can use this to make clean, paper-thin slices. Put it on a plate and top it with capers, pepper, salt, balsamic vinegar, and mushrooms.
If you are really a patriotic South African, you will appreciate the significance of biltong to national heritage. The next level of brilliance is mastering the art of homemade biltong.
↯↯↯Read More On The Topic On TDPel Media ↯↯↯
Also On TDPel Media
- Enugu School Fees for State University of Medicine and Applied Science (SUMAS)
- BUTTERY SMASHED POTATOES RECIPE
- Admission Form for Edo State College of Nursing Sciences (EDOCONS)
- HND Admission List for Federal Polytechnic Ado-Ekiti (FEDPOLYADO)
- List of Graduates from the National Open University of Nigeria
- FUTMINNA Postgraduate Courses and Requirements
- UK Government Invites Nigerian Teachers and Offers N15 million in Compensation
- Acceptance Fee for Federal Polytechnic Offa (OFFAPOLY)
- Admissions for HND at Kenule Beeson Saro-Wiwa Polytechnic (KENPOLY)
- Kaduna Polytechnic (KADPOLY) Minimum Passing Grade