Kwara State Government has directed immediate temporary closure of some grant-aided schools in Ilorin, the state capital, pending resolution of the hijaab question in the schools.
The affected schools are:
1. C&S College Sabo Oke
2. ST. Anthony College, Offa Road
3. ECWA School, Oja Iya
4. Surulere Baptist Secondary School
5. Bishop Smith Secondary School, Agba Dam
6. CAC Secondary School Asa Dam
7. St. Barnabas Secondary School Sabo Oke
8. St. John School Maraba
9. St. Williams Secondary School Taiwo Isale
10. St. James Secondary School Maraba
The closure comes as a government committee comprising representatives of the Muslim and Christian communities meets today to iron out the differences between the two communities.
Further communication will be issued to inform members of the public on the development.
Government calls for calm and urges parents and religious leaders to avoid actions or comments that may further split the two communities.
An Exchequer deficit of €721 million was recorded to end-February 2021. This compares to a… Read More
The Ophthalmic Department of General Hospital, Ijede, successfully carried out two eye surgeries simultaneously, each… Read More
The Lagos State Consumer Protection Agency (LASCOPA) has sealed Bazaar Supermarket located at 31, Aromire… Read More