– TDPel Jobs
Alan & Grant – Our work is focused on creating innovative HR and Organizational Development Solutions aimed at Performance Improvement & Business Growth. We currently serve clients across various sectors of the Economy from locations in Jos, Port Harcourt and Lagos.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Head Technical
Location: Jos, Plateau
Employment Type: Full Time
- The Technical Head is responsible for optimal installation, maintenance and utilisation of plants /machinery/equipment.
- Also responsible for the identification and implementation of new technical designs in accordance with modern maintenance standards.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Overall design and maintenance of technical installations, plants and machinery in accordance with global standards.
- Departmental strategies for effective performance of plants/machinery in alignment with organizational goals and objectives.
- Electrical designs/ modification of existing electrical/electronics control systems to meet current standards of electrical safety and controls & technical budgeting to drive future performance.
- Oversee the management and operation of the Technical Department
- Responsible for making key decisions on technical issues related to availability of utilities services (Water,Electricity, Ice Banks, Compressed air & Steam etc.)
- Responsible for making key decisions on technical issues related to machinery performance efficiency.
- Oversee Plant and equipment performance
- Farm machinery maintenance (tractors, spray race plant, feed mill, raw water surface pumping machines, milking parlour machines, chilled water systems – ice bank & bulk milk tanks),cold storage facilities etc.
- Support Strategic Business Units (SBUs) and liaise with vendors on service and maintenance of vehicles & trucks.
- Develop and ensure compliance with planned maintenance schedules.
- Develop and ensure compliance with SOPs & departmental operation process/Procedures.
- Implement performance measurement systems to evaluate the effective and efficient utilization of plant and machinery
- Adequate documentation and record maintenance on all plants/machinery.
- Periodic reporting on asset acquisition, usage, maintenance or disposal
- Implementation of approved company policies
- Minimum B.SC in Electrical/Electronics or Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of 12 years cognate experience in the manufacturing sector. Masters in relevant engineering fields,
- MBA, professional certification in electrical/electronics, HVAC, mechanical systems, mechatronics and instrumentation will be an added advantage
- Ability to train, guide and mentor the technical team
- Good knowledge of Vendor & Service provider availability
- Vendors & Service provider relationship management with maintenance cost optimization
- Excellent computer & Technical skills with relevant software and programming language, ERP application and instrumentation
- Excellent management skills with the ability to troubleshoot & project management
- Strong negotiation, reporting and leadership skill.
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online