Head of Asset Maintenance at West Africa Container Terminal (WACT) – TDPel Jobs
Maersk is an integrated container logistics company working to connect and simplify its customer’s supply chains. As the global leader in shipping services, the company operates in 130 countries and employs roughly 70,000 people. With simple end-to-end offering of products and digital services, seamless customer engagement and a superior end-to-end delivery network, Maersk enables its customers to trade and grow by transporting goods anywhere – all over the world.
We run a profitable business that has been made possible through top-quality services, cordial business relations with customers, regular interaction with stakeholders, human resource development, modern handling equipment and superior e-commerce capabilities.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Head of Asset Maintenance
Location: Onne, Rivers
- The position is primarily expected to deliver by following specific manufacturers maintenance schedules while setting objectives for subordinated positions.
- The position is expected to have a marked contribution in the development of new products, processes, and standards which support the terminals existing business strategy. Non-delivery has a direct impact on the terminals ability to function.
- The position is expected to constantly strive to improve existing work processes, methods & improve technical efficiency of machinery & equipment.
- The position is complex, having impact on operational &, financial dimensions.,
- Responsible for the effective daily operation of all machinery including electricity plant and buildings in the Terminal.
- Provides the operating direction for the Technical Department, ensuring that productivity and efficiency standards are met.
- Builds up a preventive maintenance schedule for all equipment in the Terminal to reduce damages and downtime on all machinery.
- Sets goals and objectives for maintenance services.
- Analyses performance statistics and trends in order to identify areas for improvement.
- Ensures good communications between Technical and Operations departments to minimize equipment downtime.
- Ensures good communications throughout technical group and their group interactions so that activities are running smoothly on a regular basis.
- Manages the budget of the technical department.
- Provides reliable service to terminal operations, ensuring equipment is in a state of readiness, well-maintained, and preventative maintenance and parts availability.
- Works closely with the head of HSSE to ensure safety policies, rules, and regulations are reviewed, revised, issued and posted on an on-going basis.
- Works closely with the HR to obtain clarification, direction, and consultation regarding labour law, company policy and procedures, and consistent application.
- Provides supervision and direction for the Technical Department.
- Establishes an inventory control system to ensure that inventory carrying costs are minimized while ensuring that necessary spare parts are immediately available.
- Ensures appropriate technical training is provided for various levels of staff.
- Maintains up-to-date information and knowledge on new developments in the area of terminal operations and maintenance requirements. Seeks out best practices within the industry to ensure continuous improvement’ within the organization.
- Negotiates and controls works carried out by outsourced workshops.
- Oversees machinery design modification, in order to improve productivity, safety & efficiency.
We Are Looking For
- The position requires an expertise to manage teams through well-developed skills and knowledge of technical and associated functions.
- Minimum University Degree in Marine Engineering, Mechanical or Civil Engineering, or related field. Degree in Management, Business or related is considered an asset.
- 7 to 10 years’ experience in related position in the material handling, logistics, or transportation industry.
- Uncompromised superior working knowledge of terminal maintenance practices and principles. Specific technical knowledge of support equipment, MHCs, and power generation is required including RTG and RST.
- The position requires good experience in civil engineering work, design and oversee construction and maintenance such as building structures, facilities and paving, etc.
- Extensive knowledge of general HSSE issues and familiarity with maritime codes. Working knowledge of budget preparation, basic financial related matters, and reporting against financial objectives.
- Good verbal and written communication in English.
Application Closing Date
14th July, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online