Last weekend, a “story” shared on Robson’s Instagram account showing bruises and cuts on her body with a caption stating: “To everyone who wants to know what Mason Greenwood actually does to me”.
The series of disturbing images clearly indicate a physical attack, while Robson also allegedly posted an audio clip seemingly implicating Greenwood in abusive and threatening behaviour.
Greenwood, who has been at Manchester United since 2018, was arrested on Sunday over the alleged rape and assault of a young woman, and on Tuesday further charges “of sexual assault and threats to kill” were levelled against him.
The 20-year-old was released on bail on Wednesday while a police investigation was ongoing.
For the first time since the story broke, Robson has now shared a post to social media.
“I’m grateful to everyone that has sent messages of support and encouragement – thank you,” she wrote. “The last few days have been very difficult and I’m taking a break from social media while the police make their investigations.”
Man United have released a statement confirming Greenwood’s suspension
The club released a statement on Sunday which read: “Mason Greenwood will not return to training or play matches until further notice.”
Greenwood, a United academy graduate, made his debut in 2019 and has since clocked up 129 appearances for the club, scoring 35 goals.
Earlier this week, United started manager Ralf Rangnick’s pre-match press conference ahead of their upcoming FA Cup clash by saying the German would not take any questions on Greenwood.
However, Rangnick insisted United had a “normal” week of training ahead of Friday’s FA Cup fourth round match against Middlesbrough despite the Greenwood distractions.
“Obviously, I suppose, it was a topic within the team but they’re all human beings and Mason was part of the group until before we had our break,” Rangnick said.
“But, as I said, it was a good week of training. We could train under normal circumstances and we are looking forward to the game.”
BBC News reports that Greenwood has been removed from FIFA 22 following the allegations, whilst Nike have suspended their relationship with the player who has now been removed from the first-team squad section of the official Manchester United app.
Speaking after signing the bills, Governor Sanwo-Olu, said Lagos and its indigenes are now blessed with two additional universities to the existing Lagos State University (LASU), established in 1982 by the first Executive Governor of Lagos State, the late Alhaji Lateef Jakande.
He said: “We are doing this very quickly because we need to take this law to the National Universities Commission (NUC), that will do their due diligence and we are believing they will give us a timely approval when all of us will go and receive the certificates for the establishment of the two universities.
“We believe that the transmission will be smooth. We believe that the process would be without any hindrance. We believe that we will do a good job at ensuring that what is best is the only thing that we do for Lagos. I feel so delighted and proud of all of us creating history today and I believe that indeed generations coming after us will remember this very bold, audacious decision that we have taken.
“The two institutions that have now been transmitted into universities are institutions that have produced professionals, students, lecturers among other notable men and women in our society. I feel what we have done is a proper thing for the existing staff, both academic and non-academic and more importantly for the students today and the future students that would be coming in to be able to recreate their future and be in a position that we are turning out the leaders of tomorrow.”
*Content warning: This article contains graphic images and viewer discretion is advised.