– TDPel Jobs
Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC) – Buoyed by a mission to redefine customer experience and be the provider of choice wherever energy is consumed, the Ikeja Electric (IE), Nigeria’s largest power distribution network, came into existence on November 1st, 2013 following the handover of the defunct Power Holding Company Of Nigeria (PHCN) to NEDC/ KEPCO Consortium under the privatization scheme of the Federal Government of Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Vigilance Strategy & Monitoring Officer
Job Type: Full time
Reporting To: Vigilance Strategy & Monitoring Specialist
- Will be part of a team responsible for field activities in line with the strategic objective to reduce unbilled energy.
- Responsible for field activities aimed at reducing unbilled energy.
- Provide insight for team operations through statistical analysis of customer data to drive field activities at identifying revenue and energy leakages.
- Supervise technical gangs in carrying out safe diagnostics on meters, disconnection and reconnection of customers.
- Conduct investigation of whistleblowing on illegal use of electricity and provide reports to stakeholders.
- Periodic customer meter recertification and DT validation exercises for energy accounting.
- Enforce sanctions on consumers resorting to theft or illegal use of electricity in line with regulatory provisions.
- Provide support for weekly and monthly reporting of team’s activities for performance management.
- Periodic compliance reviews on both customer and field commercial staff to ensure compliance to company policies.
- Examine the existing procedures that provide opportunities for inefficiency and malpractices and implement remedial measures.
- Escalate all cases of non-compliance and monitoring all escalated issues/complaints for resolution.
- Joint responsibility for commercial loss reduction initiatives.
- Provide commercial loss reports of the Business Unit to management.
- Comply with Quality Management System / Operational Health & System requirements and applicable regulations relating to assigned jobs.
- Carry out any other duty as requested by the Head Revenue Protection and Enforcement Unit, Team Lead Vigilance and BU Vigilance Specialist.
- This role requires a First Degree / HND in Engineering, Technology (limited to Chemical, Electrical, Civil, Production and Mechanical), Physics, Mathematics
- This role requires 0-2 years technical work experience
- Familiarity with technical field work, use of work tools and personal protective equipment.
- Knowledge of the various types of electricity metering infrastructure.
- Knowledge of the electricity supply chain value system
- Knowledge of the electricity regulatory codes and requirements
- Knowledge of various forms of meter manipulations and other forms of energy theft
- Communication skills (Written & Oral)
- Discipline & Integrity
- Attention to detail
- Ability to influence others
- Good Intuitive and observatory skills
- Good listening and questioning skills
- Planning and Organizational Skills
Application Closing Date
2nd August, 2021.