Graduate Treasury Officer at Synapse Services – Lagos and Abuja – TDPel Jobs
Synapse Services is a Centre for Psychological Medicine that is committed to providing a full range of mental health and substance misuse services in a caring, patient- centred environment. We are located in the heart of Nigeria – Abuja, with branches in Lagos, and Anambra state. We provide first class psychological and psychiatric care, with a range of therapeutic programs suited to individual needs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Treasury Officer
Locations: Lagos and Abuja
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform Clients deposit and withdrawal transactions (cash and cheque) within approved limits and provide responses to customers’ enquiries or complaints in a polite and courteous manner within the cash area.
- Receive payment by cash, check, credit cards, vouchers, or automatic debits.
- Issue receipts, refunds, credits, or change due to customers.
- Ensure complete adherence to the dictates of the Cashbox Procedure (including adjoining annexes) and other applicable MEMOs in force at all times.
- Ensure that Cash is arranged and stored in an orderly manner (according to denominations) in the safe box and ensure that the cash cabin is neat, tidy, and free from all prohibited items.
- Verify the correctness of customers account details (Name, account Number, account type etc.) and signatures before performing deposit and withdrawal transaction.
- Compute and record totals of transactions.
- Keep periodic balance sheets of amounts and numbers of transactions.
- Compile and maintain non-monetary reports and records.
- Verify that cash notes received are not counterfeit notes at the time of presentation using the pre-installed Mercury Lights.
- Calculate total payments received during a time period, and reconcile this with total sales.
- Ensure proper and complete record keeping and filing of all transaction reports and receipts
- Support and participate in the deposit mobilization effort of the branch.
- Actively support the client advisor team in raising deposits by cross-selling, giving general information about products and services and referring clients to the client advisors.
- Actively inform clients about transferring their funds via the funds transfer channel.
- Minimum of HND in Accounting
- Must have completed NYSC.
- Proficient in the use of Micro
- Ability to use accounting software like QuickBooks and Peachtree.
- Good Reporting Skills
- Minimum of 1- 2 years working experience as a Treasury Officer
- Strong communication.
- Excellent relationship management
- Proactive problem-solving approach.
- Stress tolerance.
- High level of professionalism.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skill
Application Closing Date
26th May, 2021.
Note: The subject of the email should be “Treasury Officer – Lagos” if applying for Lagos state and Treasury Officer- Abuja if applying for Abuja “ failure to abide by this would lead to automatic disqualification.