Governor Gavin Newsom today took action on the final bills of the 2020-21 legislative session, a session that advanced the Governor’s historic California Comeback Plan. In partnership with the Legislature, the Administration has taken bold action and made historic investments to address the state’s most persistent challenges to best ensure that every Californian, regardless of their race or zip code, can thrive:
- Providing Immediate Relief for those Hardest Hit by COVID-19
- Confronting the Homelessness & Housing Affordability Crisis
- Transforming Public Schools as Gateways for Opportunity
- Building Infrastructure for the Next Century
- Combating Wildfires & Tackling Climate Change
Some of the California Comeback Plan’s most ambitious achievements include the most robust small business relief package in the country, unprecedented direct financial and rent relief for Californians, the largest increase in homeless housing in state history, universal Pre-K, and a historic $15 billion climate package to tackle wildfire and drought challenges and advance California’s nation-leading climate agenda.
“In a time when the state and country are more divided than ever, this legislative session reminds us what we can accomplish together. I am thankful for our partners in the state Legislature who furthered our efforts to tackle the state’s most persistent challenges – together, we took action to address those challenges head-on, implementing historic legislation and the
In the final action of this legislative session, Governor Newsom today announced that he has signed the following bills:
- AB 232 by Assemblymember James Gallagher (R-Yuba City) – Off-highway vehicles: reciprocity.
- AB 237 by Assemblymember Adam Gray (D-Merced) – Public employment: unfair practices: health protection.
- AB 326 by Assemblymember Luz Rivas (D-Arleta) – Health care service plans: Consumer Participation Program.
- AB 347 by Assemblymember Dr. Joaquin Arambula (D-Fresno) – Health care coverage: step therapy.
- AB 480 by Assemblymember Wendy Carrillo (D-Los Angeles) – Hazardous materials.
- AB 580 by Assemblymember Freddie Rodriguez (D-Pomona) – Emergency services: vulnerable populations.
- AB 653 by Assemblymember Marie Waldron (R-Escondido) – Medication-Assisted Treatment Grant Program.
- AB 680 by Assemblymember Autumn Burke (D-Inglewood) – Greenhouse Gas Reduction Fund: California Jobs Plan Act of 2021.
- AB 690 by Assemblymember Dr. Joaquin Arambula (D-Fresno) – Marriage and family therapists: clinical social workers: professional clinical counselors.
- AB 794 by Assemblymember Wendy Carrillo (D-Los Angeles) – Air pollution: purchase of new drayage and short-haul trucks: incentive programs: eligibility: labor standards.
- AB 1079 by Assemblymember James Gallagher (R-Yuba City) – Trusts: revocation.
- AB 1084 by Assemblymember Evan Low (D-Campbell) – Gender neutral retail departments.
- AB 1204 by Assemblymember Buffy Wicks (D-Oakland) – Hospital equity reporting.
- AB 1282 by Assemblymember Richard Bloom (D-Santa Monica) – Veterinary medicine: blood banks for animals.
- AB 1346 by Assemblymember Marc Berman (D-Menlo Park) – Air pollution: small off-road engines.
- AB 1550 by Assemblymember Luz Rivas (D-Arleta) – Higher education labor relations: employee organizations.
- AB 1570 by the Committee on Natural Resources – Public resources: omnibus bill.
- AB 1574 by the Committee on Jobs, Economic Development, and the Economy – Public contracts: small business liaisons and advocates and disabled veteran business enterprises: preferences.
- SB 80 by Senator Mike McGuire (D-Healdsburg) – Commercial fishing: inspection: crab traps.
- SB 84 by Senator Melissa Hurtado (D-Sanger) – Oil and gas wells: hazardous or idle-deserted wells and facilities.
- SB 98 by Senator Mike McGuire (D-Healdsburg) – Public peace: media access.
- SB 266 by Senator Josh Newman (D-Fullerton) – State park system: Chino Hills State Park: expansion.
- SB 268 by Senator Bob Archuleta (D-Pico Rivera) – Parks and recreation: Lower Los Angeles River Recreation and Park District: Lower San Gabriel River Recreation and Park District: establishment: board of directors.
- SB 269 by Senator Anthony Portantino (D-La Cañada Flintridge) – Credit unions.
- SB 274 by Senator Bob Wieckowski (D-Fremont) – Local government meetings: agenda and documents.
- SB 326 by Senator Richard Pan (D-Sacramento) – Health care coverage: federal health care reforms.
- SB 394 by Senator Ben Hueso (D-San Diego) – Telecommunications: Moore Universal Telephone Service Act.
- SB 416 by Senator Ben Hueso (D-San Diego) – Corrections: educational programs.
- SB 628 by Senator Ben Allen (D-Santa Monica) – California Creative Workforce Act of 2021.
- SB 654 by Senator Dave Min (D-Irvine) – Child custody.
- SB 671 by Senator Lena Gonzalez (D-Long Beach) – Transportation: Clean Freight Corridor Efficiency Assessment.
- SB 822 by the Committee on Natural Resources and Water – Marine resources
California Comeback Plan to hit fast forward on our state’s recovery,” said Governor Newsom. “What we’re doing here in California is unprecedented in both nature and scale. We will come back from this pandemic stronger than ever before.