The Super Bowl-winning running back Ronnie Hillman lost his fight with liver cancer on Wednesday, his family confirmed. He had 31 years of age.
Hillman’s family said on Instagram, “It is with heavy hearts that we announce the demise of our beloved son, brother, and father, Ronnie K Hillman Jr.” Today, Ronnie passed away softly and sweetly in the presence of his family and close friends.
According to TMZ, Hillman underwent hospice care earlier this week after being diagnosed with renal medullary carcinoma, a “rare but highly aggressive neoplastic form of cancer” that predominantly hits young African Americans with sickle cell trait.
Hillman graduated from San Diego State before being taken in the third round of the 2012 NFL Draft by the Denver Broncos. In the first four years of his career, he ran for 1,880 yards and 12 touchdowns in Denver.
During the 2016 NFL season, he appeared in six games with the Chargers and Vikings.
“We appreciate the prayers and nice comments previously shared,” Hillman’s family wrote. “We kindly want time to digest our emotions as we prepare to lay our beloved RJ to rest.”
↯↯↯Read More On The Topic On TDPel Media ↯↯↯
Also On TDPel Media
- Chelsea Handler slams “Moron” Marjorie Taylor Greene on “The Daily Show”
- Leah Remini weeps because her daughter is reapplying to college
- British school principal found dead in apparent murder-suicide: police
- Rescue canine is helping Mark Pilgrim realize his ambition
- Onstage at the Grammys, Harry Styles’ dancers expose a technical problem
- How Amber Rose discusses OnlyFans and stripping with her nine-year-old son Sebastian
- Roman Reigns Bloodline saga reveals WWE’s decade-long creative error
- Tennessee police chief sacked over ex-sex cop’s escapades
- SWISS launches Premium Economy to Johannesburg
- Concerned fans regarding Anthony Anderson’s weight reduction