Finance Technical Assistant (Monguno) at the Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) – TDPel Jobs
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Technical Assistant (Monguno)
Job Identification: 2484
Location: Monguno, Borno
Job Schedule: Full time
Job Category: Finance
Reports to: Field Coordinator
Job Category: Finance
Project number: NGFP0000
Duration and type of contract: 6 Months with possibility of extension
Role and Responsibilities
- The purpose of the assistant position is day to day implementation of the support functions responsibilities. Use actions words such as ensure, implement or assist for the position relevant responsibilities.
Generic Responsibilities (max 10):
These responsibilities shall be the same for all positions with the same title. The responsibilities shall be short and essential. Details belong in the Work and Development plan.
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Implement delegated support function portfolio according to the plan of action
- Ensure proper filing of documents both in hard and soft
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function
These responsibilities shall be adapted to the particularities of the job location and context, phase of operation, strategic focus and type of programme intervention. This section shall be revised whenever a new employee is hired or the context changes significantly.
- Ensure that cash is kept properly, payment process and other financial processes take place in adherence to Financial Handbook, other NRC policies and donor and the authorities requirements
- Make sure that daily cash counts are maintained.
- Make sure posting of transactions is done on daily basis.
- Make sure payments are processed on time
- Be responsible for bank transactions in line with NRC policy and procedures;
- Posting of income and cost into bank cash boxes i.e. USD and NGN daily basis.
- Be the focal person between Area Office and Field office regarding funds transfer requests and other payments through the bank.
- Ensure timely clearance of field office cash box.
- Be responsible for the release of payment to contractors & other payments as stipulated in the contract/agreement(s) & in line with NRC policies and procedures.
- Ensure control for the prevention of waste, fraud and mismanagement before processing the payments.
- Keep good control of the Field offices, banks details and assist them with tools in use by NRC.
- Responsible for the keeping of cash in the office
By interfaces, NRC means processes and projects that are interlinked with other departments/units or persons. Relevant interfaces for this position are:
- Finance staff
- Head of support
- Finance Manager.
- Logistic department.
- Admin/ HR department.
- NRC- Supplier.
- NRC- Staff
Scale and Scope
- Numbers and titles of staff directly managed by the postholder, and numbers of staff and daily workers/incentive staff responsible for overall in the unit (e.g. 5 project officers and 2 education assistants, 34 staff in total).
- Key external stakeholders the post has relationships with (e.g. UN agencies, INGOs, local NGOs, civil society, governmental bodies).
- List of budgets covered by postholder, and size of budget.
- Brief description of the information resources the postholder is responsible for at CO level (e.g. GORS, Agresso, Webcruiter, Intranet).
Legal or Compliance:
- Brief description of any legal or compliance responsibility the postholder has (term of employment, vendors, donors).
Competencies are important for the employee and the organisation to deliver desired results. They are relevant for all staff and are divided into the following two categories:
Professional Qualification and competencies
These are skills, knowledge and experience that are important for effective performance.
- Experience in a similar position.
- Good finance technical Knowledge and background.
- Minimum of Higher National Diploma (HND) in Finance or Accounting or Business Management and any relevant course.
- Experience in working in an insecure environment.
Generic Professional Competencies:
- Experience from working as a Support Function in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Some knowledge of English.
Context / Specific Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Kanuri/ Shuwa Arab will be an added advantage.
Behavioural competencies (max 6):
These are personal qualities that influence how successful people are in their job. NRC’s Competency Framework states 12 behavioural competencies and the following are essential for this position:
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect.
The employee will be accountable for the responsibilities and the competencies, following the NRC Performance Management Manual. The following documents will be used for performance reviews:
- The Job Description
- The Work and Development Plan
- The Mid-term/End-of-trial Period Performance Review Template.
- The End-term Performance Review Template.
- The NRC Competency Framework.
- All NRC employees are expected to work per the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and beliefs shall guide our actions and relationships.
Application Closing Date
16th July, 2021; by 2:54 PM.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online