Finance Associate at Softcom Limited – TDPel Jobs
Softcom was established in 2007 with a mission to “connect people and businesses with meaningful innovation”. A technology company which aims to solve problems that will connect people and businesses to value that ultimately improves their lives. We want our products to enable inclusion and growth for people and businesses in Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Associate
Location: Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Full time
- Softcom is a leading technology company with a mission to ensure inclusive human growth through our products and programs. Our Programs division has been set up to deepen Softcom’s lifetime purpose of delivering inclusive human growth to society.
- The overarching vision of this unit is to create value through highly sustainable impact programs which enable micro and small businesses to take control of their own growth. The unit achieves this by designing such programs, validating them with a sample size, scaling them and accelerating their impact.
- We seek passionate, creative and intentional professionals to join our team. We offer you the opportunity to be a part of a committed, energetic and innovative team, and make a difference in the world.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for timely and accurate posting of all financial transactions in the accounting system.
- Maintain account reconciliations, journal entries, data compilation, and analysis to ensure accuracy of records and timely delivery.
- Ensures timely reconciliation of all bank statements.
- Analysis of actual expenditures against budget including budget tracking and provision of detailed reports to enable understanding of differences that may arise.
- Identify, diagnose and resolve data issues where necessary.
- Active role in the annual audit engagement.
- Provide support in handling all financial needs of the organization and ad hoc functions that may arise.
- Belief: You believe in the company and its mission, in yourself and your ability to getthe job done and in your teammates and the sincerity of their intentions.
- Ownership: You are dependable. You will do what is required, not what is requested. As a result, you see gaps, and you continually work to ensure they do not impact the outcomes of your deliverables.
- Adaptability: You understand the requirements of working in a company with a startup culture like Softcom and are agile enough to take on responsibilities that advance the mission and objectives of the organization.
- Teachability: Your desire to deepen your knowledge of what you know and learn what you do not is insatiable. You leverage the people, tools and resources at your disposal to increase your capacity to deliver.
- Empathy: You seek first to understand and then to be understood. Where there is doubt, you err on the side of kindness. You de escalate, you resolve; you constantly seek ways to foster harmony and cohesion with yourself, your teammates and the organization.
Education and Experience
- A First Degree in a relevant field of study
- Relevant certification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) or have started qualification exams will be a plus
- Previous experience in the technology industry
- A minimum of 2 years of hands-on experience in a similar capacity
- Great communication skills both written and oral
- Great Analytics Skills
- Collaborative skills
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online