Field Supervisors at One Acre Fund Nigeria – Kwara , Niger and Oyo – TDPel Jobs
One Acre Fund Nigeria – Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
One Acre Fund in Nigeria is growing, increasing the number of clients we serve each year and trialing innovations to boost our impact on farmers each year. We often work in remote, complex environments where local dynamics can affect our ability to serve farmers well.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Field Supervisor
Locations: Kwara , Mokwe – Niger and Oyo
Employment Type: Full-time
- Manage a POD: Assist Field Officers with proper work planning; provide specific feedback regularly; motivate POD members to perform well and improve performance
- Provide Feedback: Give clear and actionable feedback to Field Officers; Receive and implement feedback from Field Director in his/her own work
- Work plan and prioritize work: Organize their own schedule and that of their POD to meet key targets and manage site specific problems
- Track cash compliance: Ensure Field Officers are following cash policies consistently
- Problem solve FO Issues: Actively work with Field Officers to understand their challenges and propose solutions; manage the customer service provided to clients
- Train FOs: Responsible for the training and professional development of their Field Officers in the field and at staff meetings
- Attend Field Supervisor Meetings: Attend weekly meetings to improve personal performance and strategize about the growth of their POD
- Review Performance: Participate in formal quarterly reviews of their POD using regular observations from the field
- Communicate:Communicate new materials, feedback, priorities and trainings to Field Officers; report KPIs and challenges/solutions for site issues
- Oversee and be accountable for day-to-day activities of One Acre Fund’s Field Operations programs including but not limited to:
- Recruitment and hiring of seasonal staff (e.g. Field Officers, Mobilization Officers)
- Farmers mobilization
- Farmers trainings
- Distribution of inputs
- Key performance indicators (KPI) collection and analysis
- Contribute to programme design, preparation, and strategy through activities such as but not limited to;
- Scouting for suitable sites
- Liaising with Government officials to obtain necessary approvals and operational support during the season
- Providing the program lead with operational insights and feedback in an actionable way
- Diploma or higher in Agriculture or related fields
- 1-2 years of relevant work experience
- Experience implementing projects at the field level
- Experience in management or team leadership
- Hard working, diligent and well organized
- Proactiveness, and problem solving skills
- Ability to manage a team and processes and systems through checklists and work plans
- Ability to communicate effectively and manage meetings
- Ability to train and support the learning of colleagues in the field
- Willingness and ability to do physically demanding work and to pass long days in the field
- Women are encouraged to apply
- Field Supervisors can earn a competitive salary with additional bonuses depending on performance.
- Additionally, One Acre Fund also provides monthly allocations to cover work-related costs of transport and airtime.
- One Acre Fund covers the cost of annual health insurance for the immediate families of our employees.
- Career and skills development opportunities are also provided.
Application Closing Date
9th July, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: One Acre Fund will never ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position.