Fatal Incident: 16-Year-Old Girl Dragged for Over 200 Metres Underneath Tram Identified

Fatal Incident: 16-Year-Old Girl Dragged for Over 200 Metres Underneath Tram Identified

...By Gift BADEWO for TDPel Media.

Tragic Death of 16-Year-Old Girl Dragged Under Tram in Sydney

A 16-year-old girl named Kyra Dulguime lost her life in a devastating incident in Sydney.


She was dragged under a tram for over 200 meters, resulting in her untimely death.

Her friends, heartbroken by the tragedy, paid tribute to their “beautiful angel” and gathered near the George Street platform where the incident occurred.

Kyra Dulguime has been identified as the 16-year-old who died after falling between trams in Sydney's CBD on Wednesday
Kyra Dulguime has been identified as the 16-year-old who died after falling between trams in Sydney’s CBD on Wednesday

The Tragic Incident

Late at night on Wednesday, Kyra Dulguime fell into a gap between two light rail carriages at the George Street platform in Sydney’s CBD.

Unfortunately, she was killed as a result.

Despite the desperate efforts of emergency crews, who battled for two hours to save her, she succumbed to her injuries at the scene.

Friends’ Tributes

The day after the tragedy, Kyra’s devastated friends visited the site to honor her memory.


They left messages and flowers near the scene of her death.

Overwhelmed with emotion, they embraced each other and lit candles in remembrance of Kyra.

Also on TDPel Media:  Mother Calls for Officer's Termination: 11-Year-Old Boy Shot at Home by Mississippi Cop After Dialing 911, Asks 'Why Did He Shoot Me?'

Commuters passing by witnessed this heartfelt display of grief.

Facebook Tribute

A touching message was posted on Facebook, expressing love and longing for Kyra, the “beautiful angel.”

The message also conveyed disbelief at her sudden departure and wished for her eternal rest in the arms of the Lord.

Eyewitness Accounts

According to witnesses, Kyra attempted to cross the tracks between two tram carriages while the tram was stationary at a red light near the light rail stop in Chinatown.

Unfortunately, as the tram unexpectedly started moving, she became trapped under one of the carriages and was dragged along the road until the driver eventually stopped.

A Terrifying Ordeal

Mohammed Aqil Abdulla, a witness working at a nearby shop, recounted the horrifying screams he heard.


He revealed that the tram had dragged Kyra for approximately 200 meters, leaving her stuck between the compartments.

Mr. Abdulla explained that Kyra had intended to jump to the other side but was caught in between when the traffic lights changed suddenly.

Also on TDPel Media:  Royal Stories and Security in Focus: Thursday's UK Newspaper Headlines

Due to the driver’s limited visibility, he was unaware of her presence.

Witnesses desperately called for help, but despite the prompt arrival of police and paramedics, it was apparent that Kyra had lost her life at the scene.

The Impact

Another witness, deeply distraught by the incident, mentioned that Kyra was with a friend when she was struck.

Passengers on the tram attempted to assist her as well.

Distressing footage from the scene captured the emotional turmoil of the passengers as they were comforted and escorted away by emergency responders.

Efforts to Save Kyra

Fire and Rescue Superintendent Adam Dewberry described the situation as difficult and tragic for the firefighters who arrived at the scene.


Despite their best efforts, there was nothing they could do to save Kyra.

The rescue teams, with the guidance of tram engineers, used specialized equipment to lift the 10-tonne carriage and recover Kyra’s body.

Also on TDPel Media:  Madeleine West has obtained an AVO against celebrity chef Shannon Bennett

The exact circumstances that led to her becoming trapped under the tram were yet to be determined by the ongoing police investigation.

Aftermath and Investigation

The tram driver, a 52-year-old male, was taken to the hospital for mandatory testing.

Police cordoned off the area to establish a crime scene and thoroughly investigate the circumstances surrounding the tragic incident.

As the police investigation continues, the tram involved in the accident has been removed from the scene.

Resumption of Services

Light rail services between Central and Circular Quay resumed around 6:30 am on Thursday, just in time for the morning rush hour.

Transport for NSW expressed their sadness over the teenage girl’s death and extended their condolences to Kyra’s family, friends, and loved ones.


They also thanked the emergency services, staff, and everyone

Read More On The Topic On TDPel Media