The family of a Limpopo lady who was attacked by two Pitbulls on her way to work and later died is saddened and dismayed that the dog’s owner was released on R5,000 bond.
Nchabeleng Masebe was arrested on 29 December 2022 and placed in custody after his two Pitbulls allegedly assaulted Mellita Sekole as she walked to her job in Ga-Makgatho hamlet outside of Senwabarwana, Limpopo.
Thursday before the Senwabarwana Magistrate’s Court in Limpopo, Masebe was granted R5000 bail.
Thuso Phala, Sekole’s niece, told the SABC that they are saddened, dismayed, and upset by the court’s ruling.
Phala acknowledged that Masebe’s imprisonment would not bring Sekole back, but it would have dried their tears.
“At least knowing that the person whose dogs killed our sister is in jail would have made us feel better,” he said.
As previously reported, family spokeswoman Pleasure Makhura stated that she discovered Sekole naked on the floor when she arrived at the site. The Pitbulls had torn her clothing off, and she was in excruciating pain.
“I discovered the ambulance crew assisting her beside the dog’s owner. It upsets us that he did not visit the family while she was hospitalized. We have no idea what we will do. She has three children, and three of them are graduating from high school, she said.
Dissatisfied members of the community outside the court pledged to demonstrate at the local police station until Sekole’s bail is withdrawn.
The dog owner is scheduled to return to court on April 26, 2023.
Mando Matshisevhe, Masebe’s defense attorney, reportedly wrote a letter to the SPCA in Louis Trichardt allowing the canines to be euthanized.
Matshisevhe stated, “I have drafted a letter to authorize the SPCA to euthanize the dogs.”
↯↯↯Read More On The Topic On TDPel Media ↯↯↯
Also On TDPel Media
- According to IFP, EFF’s allegations are dramatic and made up
- Turkey and Syria earthquake deaths are about 9,000
- ActionSA, ministers face beach pollution lawsuit
- Sadly, another Mpumalanga traffic officer is killed while on duty
- Trump slams Biden in State of the Union rebuttal
- Man and woman drown at Frazer Beach
- RJ Barrett wanting to play Knicks final game before NBA trade deadline
- Thief kicks NYC straphanger down subway stairs: cops
- Biden immigration problem to cost NYC $4.2B, twice Eric Adams’ estimate
- Grammy-winning artist Zakes Bantwini’s net worth, booking fee, and other details