Facilitator For Advance Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) Training at Medecins du Monde (MdM) – TDPel Jobs
Medecins du Monde (MdM) is an international humanitarian organization whose mission is to provide medical care for the most vulnerable populations, the world over, including France. It seeks to stimulate voluntary commitment from doctors, other health care providers, and from those whose expertise in other fields is needed for its activities, to enlist all competent support required for the achievement of its projects, and to seek at all times to encourage close working relationships with populations in its care. MdM operating in Nigeria, Borno state since October 2016.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Facilitator For Advance Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) Training
Employment Type: Part-time
- In Nigeria, Medecins du Monde provides emergency medical assistance to host and displaced populations within the Northeast region of the country. This intervention is delivered through the following sectors: Improved access of host and displaced populations to free and comprehensive primary health care; universal access to SRH services, strengthening the continuum of care in SRH, and establishing good quality community care structures throughout the lives of the service users; improved access of the malnourished children, aged 6-59 months, to quality nutrition treatment including the management of Severe Acute Malnutrition.
- A component of MdM’s integrated primary health care services is staff capacity building and institutional strengthening. This is delivered through on job trainings and specific formal trainings according to particular needs. As part of this intervention, MdM will train the medical team on ‘’Advance Cardiovascular Life Support’’ to scale up the quality of the emergency care provided at field level.
- Injuries and life-threatening incidents in the clinics (or at home) are always unexpected. The failure to take prompt action may escalate an emergency situation and lead to the mortality and morbidity of the victim. However, early intervention may be effective in preventing further deterioration of the patient’s condition, and may even reverse the life-threatening condition.
- Advance Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) is an emergency procedure required for victims of cardiac arrest, respiratory arrest, bradyarrhythmia and tachyarrhythmias.
- Prompt administration of BLS and ACLS increases the patient’s chances of recovery and it is believed that out-of-hospital mortality could be significantly reduced if at least 15% of the population had the knowledge of this course.
Purpose And Objectives
- The main objective of this service is to provide high-quality training on Advance Cardiovascular Life Support to equip the participants with basic knowledge, skills and attitude to perform with confidence advance cardiovascular life support techniques to save lives.
By the end of the training, participants should be better equipped to:
- Apply the Primary (BLS), and Secondary (ACLS) Assessments sequence for a
- systematic evaluation of adult patients.
- Perform prompt, high-quality BLS, including prioritizing early chest compressions and integrating early automated external defibrillator (AED) use.
- Recognize and perform early management of respiratory arrest
- Discuss early recognition and management of ACS (Heart Attack) and stroke, including appropriate disposition
Recognize and perform early management of bradyarrhythmia and tachyarrhythmias that may result in cardiac arrest
- Recognize and perform early management of cardiac arrest (Asystole, PEA, Ventricular Fib, Pulselessness V. Tach,) until termination of resuscitation or transfer of care, including immediate post-cardiac-arrest care
- Model effective communication as a member or leader of a high-performance team
- Evaluate resuscitative efforts during a cardiac arrest through continuous assessment of CPR quality, monitoring the patient’s physiologic response, and delivering real-time feedback to the team.
- Recognize the impact of team dynamics on overall team performance
- Discuss how the use of a rapid response team or medical emergency
Define systems of care
- A Registered Company / Training Institute recognized by American Heart Association
- Supported / certified by Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria (MDCN)
- Previous experience in facilitating BLS / ACLS / PALS trainings
- Facilitator must have relevant university degree
Application Closing Date
30th May, 2021. 4pm. (Nigerian time).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a comprehensive / detailed profile, indicating your competencies and experiences on similar projects. These expressions of interest should be sent to the following address: email@example.com with the reference “Advance Cardiovascular Life Support Training” as the subject line.
Note: You are not expected to submit your proposals. However, the successful candidates would be sent ‘Terms of Reference’ requesting for proposals.