The jet-setting mayor of New York City, Eric Adams, will visit Athens, Greece for an anti-Semitism conference and Doha, Qatar to “learn more” about co-hosting the World Cup.
According to a copy of Adams’ official calendar issued on Friday, the mayor will attend the 2022 Mayors Summit Against Antisemitism in Athens on November 30.
The journey occurs shortly after the NYPD and federal law enforcement foiled a plot by would-be terrorists Matthew Mahrer and Christopher Brown to assault local synagogues.
Adams will go to Doha, Qatar on December 1 and remain there until December 4 in order to “learn more” about the 2022 FIFA World Cup games.
The 2026 World Cup will be co-hosted by New York and New Jersey at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, NJ.
As charges of human rights breaches, suspected corruption connected to the country’s quest to host the competition, and the country’s homophobic legislation, Qatar has under heavy scrutiny over this year’s event.
Adams will also travel to Doha, Qatar to “learn more” about the World Cup’s host city.
Image courtesy of Howard Smith/ISI Photos/Getty Images
The mayor will meet with government officials, security and economic development professionals, according to Adams’ itinerary.
When questioned by The Post for further information regarding the meetings or if the trip is taxpayer-financed, campaign-paid, or privately funded, City Hall stated that the final arrangements are still being worked out.
Online pricing indicate that flights from New York to Athens, then Doha, and a return trip would cost little more than $2,000.
New York and New Jersey have been picked to host World Cup 2026 games at MetLife Stadium.
Photograph taken by Harold Cunningham – FIFA/FIFA for Getty Images.
Since assuming office, Adams has made a number of foreign and out-of-state visits; most recently, he visited the SOMOS political convention in San Juan, Puerto Rico following the November general election.
In May, he was criticized for taking a three-day vacation to Los Angeles, which he defended by claiming he was attempting to bring business back to New York City.
During the vacation, he also attended a special dinner hosted by CAA agency Cade Hudson at the San Vincente Bungalows and attended by Paris Hilton, Kate Hudson and her mother Goldie Hawn, and Casey Affleck.
↯↯↯Read More On The Topic On TDPel Media ↯↯↯
Also On TDPel Media
- Queens NYPD seeking for man who randomly assaulted women
- Florida adolescent Aiden Fucci admits to fatally stabbing 13-year-old cheerleader Tristyn Bailey
- Former Goldman Sachs executive Harvey Schwartz has been named CEO of Carlyle Group
- Bethany Hamilton, a surfer, says she will not compete against trans women
- I almost perished from $117K in black-market BBL injections
- “The View” Jokes About Bored Ben Affleck at Grammys: “J.Lo Should’ve Brought” Mum
- National Enquirer acquired for $100 million to indicted former MoviePass CEO: report
- Dell is eliminating almost 6,500 positions as the PC market declines
- Rasta The Artist honors Riky Rick at Cotton Festival 2023
- Emirates now offers MORE Cape Town flights