Draftsman / Estimator at Sevan Construction Nigeria Limited – TDPel Jobs
Sevan Construction Nigeria Limited was established in 1981 with Registration No. RC 37125 as a limited liability company specialized in all kinds of Structural Steel fabrication design & erection to the civil construction and Oil & Gas Industries, development and manufacturing of various semi-trailers, rigid truck bodies, which enabled the company to deliver complete projects of steel structures coupled with civil engineering.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Draftsman / Estimator
Employment Type: Full-time
- Produce drawings using computer assisted drafting systems (CAD) or drafting machines or by hand using compasses, dividers, protractors, triangles and other drafting devices.
- Draft plans and detailed drawings for structures, installations, and construction projects such as highways, sewage disposal systems, and dikes, working from sketches or notes.
- Draw maps, diagrams, and profiles, using cross-sections and surveys, to represent elevations, topographical contours, subsurface formations and structures.
- Correlate, interpret, and modify data obtained from topographical surveys, well logs, and geophysical prospecting reports.
- Finish and duplicate drawings and documentation packages, according to required mediums and specifications for reproduction, using blueprinting, photography, or other duplicating methods.
- Review rough sketches, drawings, specifications, and other engineering data received from civil engineers to ensure that they conform to design concepts.
- Supervise and train other technologists, technicians and drafters.
- Supervise or conduct field surveys, inspections or technical investigations to obtain data required to revise construction drawings.
- Determine the order of work and method of presentation, such as orthographic or isometric drawing.
- Calculate excavation tonnage and prepare graphs and fill-hauling diagrams for use in earth-moving operations.
- Explain drawings to production or construction teams and provide adjustments as necessary.
- Locate and identify symbols located on topographical surveys to denote geological and geophysical formations or oil field installations.
- Calculate weights, volumes, and stress factors and their implications for technical aspects of designs.
- Determine quality, cost, strength and quantity of required materials, and enter figures on materials lists.
- Plot characteristics of boreholes for oil and gas wells from photographic subsurface survey recordings and other data, representing depth, degree and direction of inclination.
- B.Sc Degree / HND qualification in Civil / Structural Engineering
- 5 years work experience
- Architectural knowledge of CADD, AUTOCAD
- Proficient in use of MS office suits.
Application Closing Date
30th July, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of mail.