Digital Marketing Manager at Airtel Nigeria – TDPel Jobs
Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited) is a leading telecommunications services provider in Nigeria headquartered in Lagos, the commercial nerve-centre of Nigeria. The telco ranks amongst the top four mobile service providers in terms of subscribers with a customer base of more than 39.8 million. The company’s product offerings include 2G, 3G and 4G wireless services, mobile commerce and enterprise services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Digital Marketing Manager
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- This role is focused on media planning, buying, optimization and performance analysis across all digital platforms.
- The holder will be responsible for the day to day management and development of owned digital assets, managing our always-on digital campaigns, ensuring best in class digital creative and digital media within our brand campaign.
- She/He will also be responsible for identifying and providing leveraging opportunities for brand sponsorship assets.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the agency and assess their input to media planning by ensuring that the following elements are comprehensively considered in media plans.
- Manage the digital creative & media agencies and ensure delivery of campaign materials in line with brand strategy.
- Ads – Develop and evolve optimization targeting/bidding strategy across campaigns, adgroups, and keywords to maximize ROI on a daily basis.
- SEO/SEM – Implement a robust strategy to improve rankings, drive traffic, conversions, and increase awareness for our website.
- Website Management.
- Manage agency to deploy tools to support campaign measurement and other relevant metrics.
- Manage developer to design and implement design changes to improve UX on Airtel website.
Digital Assets & Social Media Management:
- Manage day to day performance and optimization of the Airtel website.
- Build brand website portfolio to deliver optimally – Implement SEO/SEM.
- Manage content accuracy, relevance and enforce governance on Airtel domain websites and social channels.
- Conduct periodic social listening across all areas of the brand product and services.
- Execute a comprehensive social media strategy that raises visibility and traffic for target audiences and followers.
- Analyze and report on campaign performance on a day to day basis for impact on target audiences – translate anecdotal or qualitative data into recommendations and plans for revising the Social Media campaigns.
- Analyze Social Media statistics: likes, impression, reach to generate insights from site metrics and implementing same to improve site performance.
- Manage creation of monthly content calendars for the brand.
- Responsible for metrics and delivering monthly reports and measuring ROI.
Digital Media Strategy & Plan Implementation:
- Work with senior manager and agencies to produce impactful and cost-effective digital media plans.
- Work closely with traditional media team to develop comprehensive and integrated media campaigns.
- Develop test and learn scenarios to continue to innovate media opportunities across digital platforms.
- Manage budgets and timelines for digital media programs.
- Prepare budget forecasts for future releases digital media spends.
- Monitor and analyze key media buy metrics (CPM, CPC, etc.), quality, and campaign performance.
- Drive conversion and optimize user funnels
- Establish post-buy audit and optimization efforts to ensure the integrity and efficiency of the media plans.
- Seek and evaluate new media opportunities
- Monitor, analyze and report competitive digital marketing and media campaigns
Sponsorship, Smart Icons & Brand Activation:
- Support in defining strategy and approach to sponsorship for the entire Airtel Nigeria business inclusive of regional strategies.
- Execute the strategy guidelines and Provide governance and support to the regions for events and sponsorship priorities per region.
- Drive business discussions and coordinate business case articulation in conjunction with the support functions for identified sponsorship platforms.
- Manage Leveraging of smart Icons – use of ambassador to drive brand engagement and affinity.
- Monitor and evaluate the outcome of sponsorship and event platforms executed and provide strategy recommendation on the way forward.
- Keep accurate documentation of evaluation reports and ensure leverage in subsequent event/sponsorship planning.
- Manage Airtel owned and sponsored brand assets.
- Product Team – product development, campaign launch, reporting.
- Finance (Follow-up on payment to media agency, etc).
- Supply Chain Management (for purchase orders issuance, Media negotiations).
- Legal (Service agreements preparation).
- Regional Offices (Campaign launch, monitoring, amplification of field activations and sponsorships).
- CSD & Enterprise – Customer rewards and engagement.
- Digital Creative & Buying Agencies (for digital media plans and strategy, Campaigns control and reconciliation).
- Brand Partners (Innovation and campaign development – FB, Google, Twitter, Eskimi etc).
- Creative Agency – Development of creative and delivery to media planning and buying agency Marketing Departments.
- Support to manage the advertising agencies and ensure superlative output and turnaround time on all projects.
- Ensure regulatory compliance on All advertising materials and keep Airtel on the good side of the related regulatory bodies.
- Support to conduct bi-annual agency evaluations and prepare required documentation for cascade to all stakeholders.
- A BS degree in Marketing or a related field.
- Proven working experience in digital marketing.
- Demonstrable experience leading and managing SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media and/or display advertising campaign (Not less than 5 years).
- Understanding of use of media channels, content creation and role of multi-channel mix.
- Experience with A/B and multivariate experiments.
- Professional Digital certifications.
- Good interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Master’s in Business Administration would be preferred additional qualification dependent on experience.
Relevant Skill and Experience:
- Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform and motivate.
- Solid knowledge of website analytics tools.
- Knowledge of Social Media Analytical tools and techniques.
- Numerate & Strong proficiency in MS Excel and Powerpoint.
- Understanding of various disciplines within the marketing mix.
- Agency management skills.
- Project Management skills.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online