Data Assistant at Chemonics International – TDPel Jobs
Chemonics International – We’re one of the world’s leading partners in international development, because where Chemonics works, development works. From our founding in 1975, we have worked in more than 150 countries to help our clients, partners and beneficiaries take on the world’s toughest challenges. Today, we re-imagine global supply chains to deliver essential medicines to the right place at the right time. Our global network of more than 4,000 specialists share an unwavering resolve to work better, driven by a conviction that the world must be better.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data Assistant
- Chemonics International, a leading international organization based in Washington, D.C., seeks a Short-term Data Assistant to SAII Associates Ltd/Gte, an associate company of Chemonics International Inc. in the implementation of the USAID funded Strategic HIV/AIDS Response Program (SHARP) Task Order 01 & 03 activity in Nigeria.
- This activity aims to identify and support proven interventions through improvement of service delivery and strengthening health systems with an expanded effort with the Government of Nigeria (GON) in Adamawa, Bauchi, Borno, Kano, Jigawa, Yobe, Kwara, Zamfara, Sokoto, Niger and Kebbi States.
- The objectives of the activity include 1) Targeted and efficient HIV and TB case identification and linkage to care and treatment; 2) Enrollment of patients on HIV/AIDS therapy with adequate adherence and minimal loss to follow-up; 3) Successfully suppress HIV viral load; and 4) Increase GON capacity to expand, coordinate and finance HIV/AIDS and TB services. This position will be based in Abuja, Nigeria.
- HIV programs around the world have adopted differentiated service delivery (DSD) models to enhance retention, improve treatment outcomes among people living with HIV (PLHIV), and decongest health facilities. Several community drug refill models have emerged as effective DSD models. Nigeria adopted some of these models as part of the COVID-19 response in 2020/2021. The Data Assistant will support a study that proposes to: –
- Document the different models implemented during the COVID-19 response,
- Describe experiences of the beneficiaries and providers,
- Determine outcomes on key indicators (retention in care, viral suppression) and,
- Analyze the cost-effectiveness of the various DSD models.
- The Data Assistant will provide research technical support to the Data Manager, site project leads and research team in implementing research activities. S/he will support in the development of data capturing tools to be used on mobile devices. Field-testing and data collection processes. Furthermore, s/he will support data analysis, maintain the database and conduct preliminary data cleaning.
- The Data Assistant will at all times adhere to and act in accordance with the Chemonics Professional Code of Ethics (“Living Our Values”) and will make the principles of the Code a part of the project’s culture and standard operating procedures.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the data manager in developing mobile-based data collection instruments, develop and maintain database, develop data abstraction algorithm, ensure data abstracted and collected is uploaded, and perform preliminary data cleaning. (Preferably using ODK)
- Support in the design, implementation, and track queries; coordinate with other research staff to resolve data problems.
- Supports data collection, data entry & data analysis based on study requirements
- Manage, reformat, enter, edit, merge and maintain data in preparation for analysis
- Study data validation checks
- Program, test, maintain and update data entry applications for manual data entry or electronic data capture.
- Plan, implement, and document data audits and data quality site visits
- Responsible for maintaining all study forms.
- Supports existing staff at clinic and participate in the trainings to meet study requirements.
- S/he manages performance reviews and mediates any performance issues that may arise.
- Contribute to preparing presentations and manuscripts for publications.
- Define and execute processes for identifying potential data problems due to transcription, keying, or recording errors.
- Use statistical software for qualitative and quantitative analysis like R, SAS, STATA, Nvivo, MAXQDA, etc to analyze data and prepare reports.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Skills and Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The qualifications listed below are representative of the required knowledge, skills, and/or abilities needed to perform the principal duties.
- Bachelor’s Degree in health-related science.
- At least 3 years experience working in health research as a data Associate
- Data management skills with a proven understanding of the principles of data management and administration.
- IT and database skills with familiarity with modern databases and IT systems and how they work.
- Analytical skills with proficiency in analyzing large amounts of data.
- Problem-solving skills to be able to tackle problems under pressure.
- Communication skills with excellent verbal and written communication skills. Fluency in English is required.
- The Data Assistant will provide research technical support to the Data Manager, site project leads, and research team, and the SHARP T01 & T03 M&E Team in implementing research activities. As teamwork is crucial to the success of the project, the Data Manager will be expected to closely coordinate with other project staff, as per direction from the Data Manager, Principal Investigator, site project leads, and research team, and the SHARP T01 & T03 M&E Team.
Location of Assignment:
- The location of the assignment is Abuja, Nigeria with intermittent travel throughout the country.
Application Closing Date
31st July, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- This position is open to applicants who are cooperating country nationals (CCNs) and eligible to work in the country of Nigeria. CCN is defined as a cooperating country citizen or a non-cooperating country citizen lawfully admitted for permanent residence in the cooperating country.
- The protection of your personal data is important to Chemonics. If you are located in the EU, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process your personal data. For more information, please read the EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice here: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/
- Chemonics is an equal opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, or protected veteran status, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.