– TDPel Jobs
BuyPower is simplifying consumer payments in Nigeria starting with utilities and enabling energy access across Africa. We are building the next generation of energy services in Nigeria. We’ve made a lot of progress but are yet to scratch the potentials within the consumer payment space. We are a team of smart and energetic people that’s changing the way consumer payments work in Nigeria. We believe that we’ll win by getting the best talent on our team as mediocre teams do not build great companies. Working with BuyPower is an opportunity to make an impact in a young team and do work that really matters.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Data Analyst (Python & SQL)
Locations: Abuja and Lagos
- We are looking for a Data Analyst seeking to work in our team to shape business and data strategy.
- You are highly analytical and excited about applying a quantitative framework to business problems through performing analysis, data mining, predictive modeling, business forecasting, applied statistics, and more.
- You are comfortable with presenting your approach to Product Managers, Engineers, Marketing, Sales, Finance and working with them to execute a data-driven business process.
Responsibilities – What You’II Do
- Build dashboards, keep track of core metrics and attribute metrics changes to root causes
- Implement large-scale data ecosystems including data management, governance and the integration of structured and unstructured data to generate insights leveraging cloud-based platforms
- Obtain a thorough understanding of our data sources and collection methods. Work with cross-functional teams to troubleshoot data source issues.
- Analyze data to derive insights and develop data visualizations to facilitate decision making
- Design and analyze experiments to verify product hypothesis and direction
- Work with engineers and product stakeholders to deliver product insights and strategy.
- Support development and launch of tooling projects
- Take projects from RFP/SOW/BRD to delivery: project management, requirements gathering, data architecture, workflow management, quality assurance, reporting and visualization, presentation
Qualifications – What we are looking out for
- BA / B.Sc in Statistics, Econometrics, Business Analytics or a related scientific major.
- Familiarity with the Google Cloud Platform (eg. DataStudio, Colab, Compute Engine etc) and related platforms.
- Expertise with SQL and Python
- Strong analytical and causal reasoning mindset, and rigidity on statistical correctness
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- Passion about payment products and curiosity to deep dive.
What’s In It For You
- Highly Competitive Salary ($8,000 – $12,000)
- Work with the smartest and coolest people while building innovative products and solving problems
- Flexi-work and paid annual leave days
- Premium health insurance
- Free lunch, data allowance, performance bonus and many other benefits.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online