– TDPel Jobs
Justice & Empowerment Initiatives (JEI) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization based in Lagos and Port Harcourt, Nigeria, and Cotonou, Benin. We empower poor and marginalized individuals and communities to lead the changes that they would like to see in their own communities whether greater access to justice for the poor, pro-poor urban governance and policy, or community-led insitu upgrading and development. Our work is community driven, community owned, and community sustained. Partner communities identify their needs and set priorities e.g. addressing violence, strengthening land tenure, or building drainages. These priorities feed into all aspects of our work.
We work hand-in-hand with urban poor social movements and grassroots networks, bringing technical expertise in a variety of professions to inform, strengthen and support community-led efforts to solve justice and development problems. Our ultimate goal is to build the capacity of poor and marginalized individuals to set up sustainable community-level and inter-community structures to support and leverage their efforts and resources to bring about lasting change.
We are seeking dynamic, creative, passionate, smart professionals to fill the position below:
Job Title: Creative Media Officer
Locations: Lagos, Port Harcourt – Rivers or Cotonou (with regular travel between the 3 cities)
Employment Type: Full-time
Start Date: Immediately
- We are looking for a dynamic multimedia (photo, video, audio) producer to join our team as Creative Media Officer.
- He/she will be an innovative thinker with strong technical skills, who is committed to access to justice and access to health for the
poor and supporting grassroots efforts to engage in public dialogue and policy advocacy campaigns.
- The Creative Media Officer will work with all JEI staff, community paralegals, community health advocates, and team of grassroots mediamakers, to co-create media projects across a wide variety of media projects, and disseminate / distribute same through impact media campaigns.
- Work with JEI staff, community paralegals, community health advoctes, and grassroots media-makers, among others, to coproduce short-form documentaries, advocacy campaign videos, social ads, podcasts and community radio programs, and other multi-media advocacy materials.
- Train grassroots media-makers and community paralegals on videography, audio recording, photography, video and sound editing, scripting, etc.
- Participate in project management, development of distribution strategy, and other responsibilities that go beyond media production.
- Serve as a media technology resource for JEI, advising the organization on media technology, managing our media archive, developing and managing workflow, advising on hardware and software acquisitions, production and design technology, and more.
- Assist with project implementation, including strategic distribution, outreach, and audience engagement efforts, which are unique to each project.
- 3+ years experience working in documentary or television production, radio production, design or media and technology.
- 2+ years experience working in civil society, building and running programmatic activities
- Ability to produce short documentary films from conception to production, to editing, to final distribution. The ideal candidate will be a “jack of all trades producer,” with solid editing skills and professional videography skills and field sound recording skills.
- Strong technical knowledge of video and sound editing software, design software, and production equipment.
- Other technical and design skills are a plus (but not required). These include: graphic design, motion graphics, UI design, coding, social media, etc.
- Experience teaching or mentoring a significant plus
- Bilingual fluency in English and French required.
- Fluency in local languages a plus (incl. Pidgin, Yoruba, Hausa, Egun, Fon).
- Must be willing to work at least one Saturday per month.
- A competitive salary and benefits will be commensurate with experience.
Application Closing Date
On a rolling basis.
The post Creative Media Officer at Justice & Empowerment Initiatives (JEI) appeared first on Jobs in Nigeria – http://jobsinnigeria.careers.