Consultant, End Line Data Collection for SENSE Activity at the American University of Nigeria – TDPel Jobs
The American University of Nigeria was founded in response to the need for a world-class university in sub-Saharan Africa. The University’s mission is to provide quality education to Nigeria and Africa’s future leaders in order to equip them with the skills needed to solve development issues on the continent, and give them the knowledge needed to create solutions that will benefit their community, their country and, ultimately, the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant, End Line Data Collection for SENSE Activity
Opening Date: June 18, 2021
Nature of Employment: Part-Time-Projects
Location: Gombe & Adamawa State
Duration of the Project: Four Weeks
- American University of Nigeria, Yola, implementing the USAID funded Strengthening Education in North East Nigeria States (SENSE) project is seeking for candidates to apply for the position of Consultant, Performance Assessment for SBMCs. This position is a national position and are open to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria
- The USAID funded Strengthening Education in northeast Nigeria (SENSE) Activity, is three years’ intervention to improve the reading proficiency of primary school learners in grade 1, 2 and 3.
- The SENSE Activity is implemented by American University of Nigeria (AUN) and is in its third and final year. SENSE Activity has three results areas that will each contribute to the attainment of the outcome of improved reading proficiency in Hausa language for learners in primary 1, primary 2 and primary 3.
- These results areas are:
- Result Area 1: Safe education opportunities are available, with a minimum package of instructional materials/supplies
- Result Area 2: Teachers deliver conflict-sensitive, quality basic education instruction that improves student psychosocial well-being.
- Result Area 3: Diverse community groups work together to equitably increase awareness of education opportunities for all
- To measure project outcome, SENSE conducted a baseline assessment of a sample of learners across the two states in 2020.
- This assessment was carried out using the Early Grade Reading Assessment (EGRA) instrument developed by RTI in 2006. The EGRA instrument is used to measure students’ progress towards reading . EGRA gauges early literacy skills through a 15-minute individual oral assessment of five fundamental reading skills.
- SENSE Activity requires the services of a consultant to lead data collection for its end line assessment using the same EGRA tool, which will be provided by AUN.
- The consultant will plan for and conduct end line data collection from a sample of learners in target schools in Adamawa and Gombe States.
- These schools and sampled learners will be the same as those used for baseline data collection. Specific activities include:
- Recruiting enumerators
- Training enumerators
- Data collection using the Tangerine platform
- Field work supervision and data quality controls
- Data cleaning
- The consultant will submit all data collection tools and relevant documentation (field work protocols, data quality control plans, codebooks, etc.) to AUN. The consultant will ensure that data is uploaded in a mutually agreed-on format (xls, cvs, etc.) onto the cloud space provided by AUN.
- This activity is expected to last 4 weeks including data collection.
- At least a Master’s degree in education, statistics and or other relevant social sciences.
- Experience in measurement and evaluation of education interventions
- Familiarity with teaching of languages at primary education level
- Native Hausa language speaker.
Description of Benefits
- Consultant rate will be commensurate with qualification and experience
Application Closing Date
25th June, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualfied candidates should:
Click here to apply online using the Link first and Submit their Resumes, Cover letters and References on a single file in a word document or PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The position being applied for should be the subject of the email.
Application Guidelines and Selection Criteria
Interested applicants should submit a detailed technical proposal which should include the following components:
- Demonstrate competence and qualification to meet stated objectives of the organizational performance assessment
- Cost proposal for executing the assignment including any additional resources needed.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- AUN is an equal opportunity employer and strives to provide a culturally diverse workforce; we do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race creed, colour, nationality, origin, age, sex, religion and marital status. For information on AUN, visit our Web site at aun.edu.ng.