Construction Planner at Deepblue Energy Services Limited (DBESL) – TDPel Jobs
Deep Blue Energy Services Limited (DBESL) is a resource and solution management company that specializes in assisting international/Local companies in identifying Potential market opportunities, assisting with permits, sourcing highly skilled employees, bidding on and negotiating contracts and navigating the often complex political and policy environment of many sub Saharan African countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Construction Planner
Location: Lagos Island, Nigeria
Job Category: Oil & Gas
Job Type: Contract
Job Shift: Day
Duration: 4 weeks
Job Status: Sourcing
Core Roles & Responsibilities:
- Providing input to the project execution plan.
- Reviewing all project related correspondences received and advising the Project Manager of any problem areas together with identification of any changes to the Contract.
- Implementing and monitoring systems and policies to ensure that projects are undertaken cost effectively and in compliance with company policies and statutory obligations.
- Maintain awareness of project cost and planning performance against budget and schedule forecast.
- Preparing / reviewing regular and timely progress reports, detailing progress against plans and budgets.
- Supervising the processes for planning projects and identifying costs, time and quality issues so that they can be addressed in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Ongoing liaison with other members of the project team, suppliers, and clients to identify opportunities for developing and implementing more effective systems and policies.
- Coordinating all warranties, performance bonds and insurance and ensuring that they are in place in accordance with the Contract and any subcontract condition
- Monitoring key project dates.
- Attending all meeting concerning progress, technical, contractual matters, and taking and making sure the minutes are recorded.
- Preparing the project closeout report.
- Overall contract administration.
- Overall project administration.
- Setting up the work / cost breakdown structure.
- Appraising commercial / contractual / budget / schedule matters on project POs, subcontracts, change orders.
- Set, define and amend the project services procedures.
QMS, EMS & QH&SMS Responsibilities:
- Ensure the quality of their work
- Operate in conformance with the requirements of the QMS; and
- Stop work in progress to make appropriate notifications when unsafe conditions exist or requirements are not being met
- Proactive in ensuring the accomplishment of organizational goals along with self-development
- Willing to take up additional roles and responsibilities as and when required
- Awareness, understanding and application of EMS and OHS policies on assigned jobs
- Awareness, understanding and application departmental / process EMS and OHS objectives
- Awareness on all possible hazards from assigned tasks and risk associated with assigned task and its identification and relevant controls required
- Awareness on possible Environmental aspect from related activities, how it can impact the environment and relevant controls required
- Awareness of your contribution to the effectiveness of the EMS and OHS, including the benefits of improved performance and associated opportunities for improvement of the processes assigned
- Awareness of the implications of not conforming with SECRL EMS and OHS requirements including associated aspects and risks for the process assigned.
- A Degree in Construction Engineering or related field.
- 8 years relevant experience in project planning, estimating, purchasing, logistics and contract administration, preferably gained within the onshore construction industry.
- Relevant project Management training and certification.
- Gender: Does not matter
- Age: 25 Years 55 Years
- Highest Education: Minimum Education University
- Degree title: A Degree in Construction Engineering or related field
- Experience: Minimum Experience 8 Year
- Other experience: 8 years relevant experience in project planning, estimating, purchasing, logistics and contract administration, preferably gained within the onshore construction industry
- Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Application Closing Date
9th August, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online