Saturday’s match between Chiefs and Mamelodi Sundowns was a close one, but eventually resulted in a frustrating 1-0 loss for Chiefs, who failed to capitalize on numerous scoring opportunities.
The signing of Christian Saile Basomboli, a 22-year-old left-footed striker from the Democratic Republic of the Congo, who has signed a three-and-a-half year contract with the Glamour Boys, has added to the excitement around Chiefs’ need for more offensive firepower up front.
However, he is not anticipated to begin full training with his new Chiefs teammates until this week, and it is believed that his work permits must also be resolved before he can play.
This indicates that Basomboli’s highly anticipated Chiefs debut could be delayed for at least a few weeks.
However, the youngster’s qualities and what he brings with his left-footed skills will undoubtedly suffice to delight Amakhosi fans. As a result of a recent injury scare involving Bonfils-Caleb Bimenyimana, who has been carrying a great deal of burden on his shoulders, the Chiefs’ relative lack of strike-power depth has been revealed. The addition of this player will assist address this issue.
Zwane remarked after Saturday’s encounter, “We expect Christian to come in and hit the ground running, but we don’t want to put him under undue pressure.” “Many other players are capable of assuming this [scoring] task.
“This is why I say it’s all about hitting the mark. It’s not that we never reach the last third. I would be quite concerned if we weren’t providing opportunities. How many times in the second half did we get into the final third or within six metres, where you’d expect the player to poke the ball, but they didn’t? We require some composure.”
Amakhosi also recently confirmed the signing of a pre-contract to secure the purchase of SuperSport United left-sided central defender Thatayaone Ditlhokwe.
The highly regarded international who captains Botswana’s national team has signed a four-year contract and will arrive in Naturena in July 2023 to begin his new life.
However, if Chiefs are willing to pay a charge, it is suggested that he may arrive soon. However, this is contingent on both clubs agreeing to his early release, which appears improbable.
The SuperSport Chiefs
↯↯↯Read More On The Topic On TDPel Media ↯↯↯
Also On TDPel Media
- Showmax releases a trailer for the documentary series “Sex and Pleasure
- Madrid destroyed Percy Tau’s Al-Ahly in the Fifa Club World Cup semifinals
- Return of Jadon Sancho salvages a point for Manchester United
- Balenciaga joins children’s advocacy group after BDSM teddy bear incident
- “Tshedi is the show”: Fans of “The Wife” commend Motsoaledi Setumo
- “Age is just a number,” Carl Niehaus argues in response to the “blesser” moniker
- Updated figures place Elon Musk within striking distance of the world’s wealthiest position
- Iceland project to combat child drinking and drug use in George
- Death toll from earthquakes surpasses 16,000 as rescue chances diminish
- Gail and Kabelo Mabalane celebrate their tenth wedding anniversary