Chief Operating Officer at Venture Capital Firm – Stafflon – TDPel Jobs
Stafflon – Our client, Venture Capital / Private Equity firm, is currently recruiting suitable candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Operating Officer
- The Chief Operating Officer (COO) will oversee the design, enhancement, implementation, reporting, and oversight of the company’s technology, operations, human resources, business development and compliance functions.
- The COO will pay a critical role in helping to shape and guide the future growth and development of the company.
- Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer and working as a key member of the company’s Management team, the COO will take a leadership role in building, implementing, and overseeing all of the company’s systems, processes, workflows, and procedures.
- The COO will develop, refine and implement Operations strategy including aspects such as product design and delivery, portfolio quality management, client outreach and communications.
- Asset & portfolio allocation.
- Due diligence.
- Investment proposal & pitch deck analysis.
- Deal sourcing & closing.
- Forecasting and valuation.
- Enforce a strong internal compliance framework.
Drive Business Direction:
- To be an integral part and driver of the strategic planning, budgeting, forecasting and decision-making process.
- Expand opportunities with existing clients, identify and act on referrals.
- Managing third-party partner and contractor relationships.
- Managing regulatory requirements and statutory calendars.
- Driving annual goals and deliverables.
- Delivering high-level presentations and proposals.
- Overseeing the company’s asset registry and key corporate documentations.
- Develop and implement growth strategies, identify new business opportunities and manage marketing efforts.
- Oversee quality transaction execution and client satisfaction.
- Enforcement of governance and control standards across the business.
- Coordinate with the human resources department to recruit skilled talent and keep the best employees.
- Mentor and develop staff using supportive and collaborative approach by assigning accountabilities, setting objectives, establishing priorities and monitoring and evaluating results
- Establish policies that promote company vision which will encourage a culture of excellence, high performance and continuous improvement.
- Monitor strict adherence to governance and setting high standards of professionalism across business functions.
To successfully deliver the above goals, the right candidate must have:
- B.Sc. in Finance, Investment Banking, Business Administration or related discipline.
- M.Sc. / MBA is an added advantage.
- Private Equity / Venture Capital experience is required.
- Capital raising experience is required.
- CFA or other relevant qualification and professional registration will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years progressive experience in Private Equity / Venture Capital business environments.
- Experience and knowledge of fund administration and fund accounting is critical to this role.
- Experience in deal sourcing and financial evaluations.
- Experience in risk management and compliance.
- Experience in setting up internal systems and structures.
- Working knowledge of data analysis, business performance and operations metrics
- Demonstrable competence in innovation, strategic planning and business development
- Entrepreneurial mindset.
- Results-proven track record of exceeding goals and a bottom-line orientation.
- Evidence of the ability to consistently make good decisions through a combination of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgement.
- High level of business acumen including successful P&L management.
- Working knowledge of IT/Business infrastructure and MS Office.
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills.
- Female applicants are strongly advised to apply.
Desired Competency and Skill Requirements:
- Advisory and Consultancy
- Due Diligence
- Financial Valuation
- Governance, Risk and Control
- Leadership and Management
- Risk Management
- Stakeholder Relationship Management
- Strategy and Execution
- Advanced Project Management skills.
- Regulators: Securities and Exchanges Commission, FIRS.
Application Closing Date
12th August, 2021.
The post Chief Operating Officer at Venture Capital Firm – Stafflon appeared first on Jobs in Nigeria – http://jobsinnigeria.careers.