The Delta State School of Marine Technology, Burutu enabling act was enacted on 2nd August, 2006. The act provides details on the specific functions; management and other purposes connected therewith the school.
Our mission is to promote competence, expertise and enterprise in Marine Science, Engineering and Technology through the instrumentality of high quality training, purposeful research, high profile career-driven capacity building and pragmatic consultancy services for the maritime and allied industries/commerce in particular and for the peaceful and sustainable development of the Niger Delta region and the entire globe in general.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Bursar
Location: Burutu, Delta
- The Bursar shall be responsible to the Rector for the financial administration of the school.
- Shall possess managerial abilities integrity, honesty and transparency in public affairs.
- Shall be firm in implementation of financial regulations and adoption of contemporary accepted accounting and financial principles and regulations.
Qualification & Experience
- Candidates must possess a good honours Degree in Accounting, Finance or related fields from a recognized Institution of Higher learning with at least seventeen (17) years cognate experience.
- Possession of a Master’s Degree is an added advantage.
- Evidence of registration with a recognized professional accounting body.
- Candidates must have working experience in tertiary institution and must be computer literate.
Application Closing Date
6th August, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit seventeen (17) copies of their applications
with curriculum vitae including statement of their own vision for the school and photocopies of relevant credentials in sealed envelopes marked “Post Of Bursar” at the top left hand corner and mailed to the address below:
The Office of the Chairman, Governing Council,
Delta State School of Marine Technology,
Burutu, Delta State.
Note: Applications should provide names and addresses of three (3) referees who shall be required to forward confidential reports on the candidates.