A perverted undertaker who referred to dead bodies as ‘fit’ and invited another man to the mortuary to have sex with a corpse, has been jailed for 17 years.
Nigel Robinson-Wright, 42, posed for photos next to open coffins and naked corpses and offered to supply a man with crystal meth to facilitate sexual activity in the chapel of rest, Preston Crown Court heard.
Kim Whittlestone, prosecuting, told the court that Robinson-Wright chatted to paedophiles, animal abusers and those with an interest in dead bodies using encrypted, military-grade chatrooms.
He egged on a man who was sexually abusing a puppy and arranged to meet a paedophile who was offering up a toddler to be raped.
Online chats between the two men led them to the funeral director, and on November 1, 2021, officers visited Robinson-Wright at his home in Blackpool, Lancashire.
Ms Whittlestone told the court a number of digital devices were seized and some were examined at the scene.
‘He was in possession of indecent images and there was evidence of him distributing images. Extreme pornography was discovered, involving torture and sexual abuse of children and animals.
‘The defendant had been in contact with others via social media and had been organising the commission of sexual offences against children, dogs and dead bodies’, she added.
One man, who seemed to be familiar to Robinson-Wright, shared sexual fantasies about the clients at the Preston funeral home where Robinson-Wright worked.
‘There was a strong theme of necrophilia where it was openly discussed between the parties’, Ms Whittlestone said.
The men discussed sexual activity in the funeral home, saying it was ‘horny when we f***ed by the lectern’.
Robinson-Wright talked about being high on poppers and crystal meth, and offered to supply drugs to the man.
In a separate chat, the defendant was in contact with a paedophile, arranging to meet him to sexually abuse a child.
However, the police intercepted the chat before the plan came to fruition, the court heard.
In other conversations, he discussed his fascination with serial killer Fred West, and murdered toddler James Bulger.
Robinson-Wright gave no comment when he was interviewed by police but later pleaded guilty to: arranging the commission of a child sexual offence, three counts of making indecent images, eight counts of distributing indecent images, possession of a prohibited image of a child, possession of extreme pornography, two counts of intentionally encouraging or assisting the commission of an offence by inviting an unknown man to the mortuary and encouraging a man to sexually abuse a dog, and attempting to supply a class A drug.
Tom Lord, defending, asked for 16 other offences to be taken into consideration and said his client’s guilty plea was his best mitigation.
He said: ‘The defendant’s plea is a concession of what can only be described as licentious deviancy and a grotesque breach of trust.’
Judge Graham Knowles QC, sentencing, said: ‘These taken together are abhorrent offences. Nigel William Robinson-Wright, you cast off your own humanity and you made a choice to relentlessly pursue cruelty, degradation and depravity.
‘You gloried in it. Your targets were all powerless – babies, infants, children, the dead and animals.
‘Some of what you did was to look at images. Some of what you did was to gloat over those images with other like-minded perverts. Rather than cherish, protect and respect children, the dead, animals and others, as others do, time and time again you revelled in iniquity.’
When Robinson-Wright spoke to a probation officer, he described himself as an animal lover who looked after rescue cats and ferrets and said those who mistreated animals were ‘vile’.
He claimed much of what was discussed was ‘fantasy’ – but the judge rejected his claims.
He sentenced Robinson-Wright to 17 years’ custody with an eight-year extended licence period.
↯↯↯Read More On The Topic On TDPel Media ↯↯↯
- Blackpool mother jailed for longer A Blackpool mother who suffocated her child has had her sentence increased following intervention by the Solicitor General, The Rt Hon Lucy Frazer QC MP....
- Man admits to beating his grandmother to death and having intercourse with her corpse A man has confessed to murdering his grandma and having sexual relations with her body. Donovan Miller, 31, killed Phyllis Grant, 76, at her own...
- Kano government asks police to exhume corpse of Almajiri child tortured to death by teacher Kano state government has asked the police to exhume the corpse of an Almajiri child allegedly tortured to death by his teacher. The directive was given by...
- Blackpool footballer, Beryly Lubala cleared of raping an 18-year-old girl after inviting her to his hotel room for ‘Netflix and chill’ Beryly Lubala, a Blackpool striker, has been found not guilty of rapping an 18-year-old girl after inviting her to his hotel room for ‘Netflix and...
- New plans to level up Blackpool unveiled Levelling Up Secretary Michael Gove has today (17 March 2022) unveiled new measures to help improve the lives of people in Blackpool by turning the...
- A sex worker beats up a man who refused to pay her after sex like a burukenge in public (VIDEO). Sunday, January 30, 2022 – Passersby were treated to free drama after a sex worker confronted a man who refused to pay her after sex and...
- Mark Calaway, The Undertaker to be inducted into WWE Hall of Fame Mark Calaway, better known as The Undertaker, will be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame on April 1, 2022, at the American Airlines Center...
- Chicago man jailed for 105 years in Takaylah Tribitt murder A Chicago man will most likely die in prison after being sentenced to 105 years in Indiana. Deonlawshawn Simmons, 36, was found guilty in March 2022 of murdering...
- Gloucestershire child sex offender jailed A child sex offender in Gloucestershire has been handed an immediate prison sentence by the Court of Appeal following a referral of his original sentence...
- KZN sets record straight on Phoenix mortuary statistics KwaZulu-Natal Health MEC, Nomagugu Simelane, has refuted widespread reports concerning the number of bodies that are being kept at the Phoenix Medico-Legal Mortuary (MLM). Contrary...