Biomed Technician at Medecins Sans Frontieres – TDPel Jobs
Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, not-for-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in distress, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed, or political affiliation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Biomed Technician
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Contract: Fixed Term Contract (208 working hours per month)
- Performing autonomously and following up, the maintenance and correct repair of the Biomed equipment in the project/mission and ensuring regularly that the usual medical maintenance and cleaning are done properly according to MSF standards and procedures, in order to ensure the equipment are in perfect running conditions.
- Performing and carrying out, all necessary complex / advanced installation, maintenance, and repair of MSF biomedical equipment and ensuring that as few items are out of service at any given time.
This includes the following tasks:
- Organizing and participating in the installation of biomedical equipment
- Following the schedule and carrying out preventive and curative maintenance works for the equipment according to the MSF and/or manufacturer’s protocols, manuals, and recommendations and ensuring that cleaning and simple maintenance are properly carried out by medical staff
- Reporting any issues or problems on Biomed equipment to his/her supervisor and proposing solutions (training of staff on a device, operating procedures, etc.). If maintenance work requires further assistance, documentation, or additional tools, this shall be requested from and provided by his/her supervisor.
- Participating in organizing user training where required
- Managing the stock of consumable items, filling in the stock cards, carrying out physical stock inventories, executing orders necessary for renewing stock, avoiding any shortage
- Responsible for the equipment and tools (including extinguishers), checking they are correctly and safely used, maintaining and renewing them when necessary, and keeping the inventory updated.
- Keeping the working area clean and tidy.
- Ensuring that all record sheets and books related to maintenance are always completed (including date of intervention, replaced parts, problems, and solutions) and preparing needed reports before and after any repair or required maintenance.
- Diploma as Biomedical technician preferred
- Diploma as a mechanical or electrical technician
- Demonstrable technical skills and understanding.
- Experience in a technical field. (Minimum 2 years experience)
- Pedagogical skills are an asset
- English and Hausa essential; Kanuri and any other local language desirable.
Monthly Gross salary of 280,592 (Two hundred and eighty thousand, Five hundred and ninety-two) Naira per month, plus 13th month allowance equivalent to 1 month of gross salary.
Application Closing Date
27th May, 2021.