Bio-Medical Technician at Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) – France – TDPel Jobs
Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, not-for-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in distress, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
The French Section of Médecins Sans Frontières is currently recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Bio-Medical Technician
- Performing autonomously and following up, the maintenance and correct repair of the biomed equipment in the project/mission and ensuring regularly that the usual medical maintenance and cleaning are done properly according to MSF standards and procedures, in order to ensure the equipment are in perfect running conditions.
- Performing and carrying out, all necessary complex / advanced installation, maintenance and repair of MSF biomedical equipment and ensuring that as few items are out of service at any given time. This includes the following tasks:
- Organizing and participating in the installation of biomedical equipment
- Following the schedule and carrying out preventive and curative maintenance works for the equipment according to the MSF and/or manufacturer’s protocols, manuals, and recommendations and ensuring that cleaning and simple maintenance are properly carried out by medical staff
- Reporting any issues or problems on biomed equipment to his/her supervisor and proposing solutions (training of staff on a device, operating procedures, etc.). If maintenance work requires further assistance, documentation or additional tools, this shall be requested from and provided by his/her supervisor.
- Participating in organising user training where required
- Managing the stock of consumable items, filling in the stock cards, carrying out physical stock inventories, executing orders necessary for renewing stock, avoiding any shortage.
- Responsible for the equipment and tools (including extinguishers), checking they are correctly and safely used, maintaining and renewing them when necessary and keeping the inventory updated.
- Keeping working area clean and tidy.
- Ensuring that all record sheets and books related to maintenance are always completed (including date of intervention, replaced parts, problems and solutions) and preparing needed reports before and after any repair or required maintenance.
- Biomedical Technician preferred.
- Diploma as mechanical or Electrical Technician.
- Minimum 2 years working experience essential.
- Pedagogical skills are an asset.
- English and Hausa essential; and any other local language desirable.
- 208 working hours per month and roster flexibility required
According to MSF France salary grid.
Application Closing Date
5.00pm 7th August, 2021.
The post Bio-Medical Technician at Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) – France appeared first on Jobs in Nigeria – http://jobsinnigeria.careers.