The Benue State government released a statement saying its Security Council has considered the security situation in Katsina-Ala and other parts of Sankera area of the state has taken the following measures:
1. The use of motorcycles is hereby banned in Katsina-Ala and Ukum Local Government Areas, till further notice.
2. The use of tricycles also known as Keke and other means of transportation apart from motorcycles will be allowed in the two local government areas.
3. Security operatives have been mandated to arrest defaulters and impound their motorcycles.
4. Aside the revenue collection point at the head bridge in Katsina-Ala, no other revenue point is allowed within the local government area.
5. All staff of the Board of Internal Revenue Service, BIRS are required to wear customized jackets and identity cards.
6. Security agents are mandated to dismantle all illegal revenue collection points and makeshift shops. In the same vein, loitering at Katsina-Ala head bridge is prohibited.
7. Loading and offloading of vehicles at Takum Junction and Katsina-Ala head bridge has also been prohibited.
8. Law abiding residents of the affected areas are advised to go about with their normal activities without fear.
In commemoration of the 2021 International Women’s Day, Oyo State Government has extolled the woman… Read More
Governor Dapo Abiodun Ogun State on Monday took delivery of 50,000 doses of AstraZeneca/Oxford COVID-19… Read More
Ekiti State Governor, Dr Kayode Fayemi has assured the people of the state that his… Read More