AVR Team Leader at Danish Refugee Council (DRC) – TDPel Jobs
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a Danish international non-governmental organisation, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. DRC is present in more than 30 conflict territories around the world assisting displaced people with shelter, food, income-generating activities, and a wide range of other assistance. It is of utmost importance for DRC to work in compliance with the DRC Accountability and Quality Management system and national legislations. Smooth, reliable and effective operational systems are preconditions for DRC to maintain its position as a trustworthy and reliable partner for our donors and an accountable organisation towards our beneficiaries.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: AVR Team Leader
Location: Damaturu, Yobe
Contract Type: National Contract
- The overall responsibility is to supervise the implementation of AVR (peacebuilding) activities, and supervision of AVR (peacebuilding) facilitators ensuring project targets and objectives are achieved.
- Draft project work plans in close consultation with AVR (Peacebuilding) Facilitators and share with AVR (Peacebuilding) Program Manager for review and approval.
- Ensure work plans are regularly updated and that the master work plan and team monthly work plans are synchronized to reach project targets, achieve project objectives and outcomes.
- Coordinate community forums and discussions on key community issues.
- Coordinate peace building activities that address conflict drivers in communities of interest.
- Make sure resources allocated to the communities are appropriately spent through local community structures/taskforce by giving the required technical support.
- Plan, prepare, implement, and document EU project operations, including but not limited to community entry, community mobilization, community participatory planning and implementation, beneficiary feedback mechanism, annual work-plans, and budgets.
- Ensure that all tasks allocated by AVR (Peacebuilding) Program Manager are executed properly, efficiently and in accordance with DRC operational guidelines.
Finance / Admin / Logistics:
- Prepare field monthly budgets forecast, logistical requests and associated purchase requests.
- Assist AVR (Peacebuilding) Program Manager in planning and monitoring expenditure and spending forecasts ensuring accountability across the program.
- Ensure that there are accountability/support documents according to DRC financial guidelines by the end of each month and submit to finance department.
- Follow all DRC procedures for HR, Finance, Logistics and Security.
- Ensure all procedures for HR, Finance, Logistics and Security are strictly adhered to by staff under supervision.
- Assist AVR (Peacebuilding) and M&E Managers in ensuring the implémentation of a rigorous M&E plan in the program and monitor the documentation of AVR (Peacebuilding) activities taking into consideration timeliness, quality and detail.
- Compile required monitoring forms and reports using the prescribed DRC formats and submit to the AVR (Peacebuilding) Program Manager within assigned deadlines.
- Assist AVR (Peacebuilding) Program Manager in drafting weekly, monthly and final project reports, including providing briefings to national/state stakeholders on a regular basis when requested.
- Assist AVR (Peacebuilding) Program Manager with documentation of lessons learnt and good field practices to facilitate learning and knowledge manangement
Liaison with Stakeholders:
- Act as focal person for peacebuilding activities under EU Yobe project in assigned project area.
- Assist AVR (Peacebuilding) Program Manager in advocating for the programme with national and local officials and community leaders.
- Liaise with local authorities and key community actors on development and safety needs in the assigned target communities in order to facilitate a consultative community planning process.
- Ensure good cooperation and synergy with partners during implementation of project activities
- Ensure coordination and collaboration with other DRC field staff to ensure programatic synergies and complimentarities.
- Facilitate recruitment and induction of AVR (Peacebuilding) facilitators in Yobe State.
- Facilitate coaching and mentorship for AVR (Peacebuilding) facilitators under his/her supervision.
- Lead and guide AVR (Peacebuilding) facilitators in implementation of program activities in assigned target areas by allocating tasks within the team and ensuring all members of the team are exposed equally to the different types of tasks involved during the project cycle.
- Contribute to the management of safety and security by adhering to established protocols.
- Take good care of all assigned program equipment, including computers and communication equipment.
- Attend training as requested by DRC.
- Any other relevant duties as requested by AVR (Peacebuilding) Program Manager
- The responsibilities listed here are not exhaustive and may be readjusted according to operational needs but will remain in line with the overall purpose of the role.
- At least two (2) year previous experience working with an INGO in Nigeria.
- Knowledge of local communities in NE Nigeria; actual inhabitants of these areas are preferred.
- Good command of English and local language both speaking, reading, and writing.
- Proven communication, interpersonal and facilitation skills
- Must be able to remain neutral when working with communities.
- Basic computer skills
- Previous experience in supervision and coordination of other people’s work/team management an asset.
- Experience in conflict management and prevention is asset.
- Previous work experience with youth/women programming
- Open and willing to learn new things.
- Enthusiastic, creative, and hard-working.
Application Closing Date
2nd August, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Provide CV and Cover Letter indicating and explaining the suitability to the position applied.
- Provide contact details (name, position, email address and tel. no.) of 3 professional non-related references, whereas 1 must be for the latest employer. Please do not attach any written recommendations.
- Applications should be addressed to: “Recruitment Manager”.
- All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English.
- Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered. CV-only applications will not be considered.