Lloyd Harris faces a difficult opening match at the Australian Open in Melbourne this year.
The 25-year-old Capetonian was sidelined for the second part of 2022 due to a right wrist injury, but has just made a welcome comeback to the court.
Due to his ‘protected ranking,’ Harris was assured a spot in the 128-man draw for the year’s first Grand Slam.
Due to inactivity during the past six months, Harris’ actual ATP ranking has risen to a ‘live’ 186th place.
In Round 1, Harris has been paired with Lorenzo Musetti, a 20-year-old Italian who is the 17th seed and the 17th seed in the draw.
The two have never met at the ATP level, however they did play a single Challenger match on clay in Italy in 2020, which Musetti won when Harris quit in the third set.
In 2021, Lloyd Harris achieved his greatest performance in the Australian Open by advancing to the third round.
The 2019 Australian Open will begin on Monday, January 16.
↯↯↯Read More On The Topic On TDPel Media ↯↯↯
Also On TDPel Media
- Ted Cruz considers Sam Smith and Kim Petras’ “Unholy” performance at the Grammys to be “evil.”
- Chelsea Handler slams “Moron” Marjorie Taylor Greene on “The Daily Show”
- Leah Remini weeps because her daughter is reapplying to college
- British school principal found dead in apparent murder-suicide: police
- Rescue canine is helping Mark Pilgrim realize his ambition
- Onstage at the Grammys, Harry Styles’ dancers expose a technical problem
- How Amber Rose discusses OnlyFans and stripping with her nine-year-old son Sebastian
- Roman Reigns Bloodline saga reveals WWE’s decade-long creative error
- Tennessee police chief sacked over ex-sex cop’s escapades
- SWISS launches Premium Economy to Johannesburg