Assistant Manager, Treasury and Financial Control at Stockgap Fuels Limited – TDPel Jobs
Stockgap Fuels Limited – We are a leading indigenous downstream oil and gas company in Nigeria. As a result of expansion and new business opportunities, we seek immediate employment of professionals with cognate years of experience, strong academic credentials and the right attitude to work who will deliver value to stakeholders.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Manager, Treasury and Financial Control
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Employment Type: Full-time
- Take guidance from the CFO to prepare comprehensive financial reports at period end (e.g. Financial Statements, Management Accounts, etc.) to accurately reflect the operations of the company
- Generate statutory financial reports and statements for the group
- Assist the CFO to develop and implement a robust and reliable financial reporting system for the Group
- Advise executive management on changes in financial regulations, legislation as well as changes in competition and market trends.
- Make recommendations to executive management on the formulation of strategic, long-term business plans to minimize financial risk.
- Liaise with external and internal auditors for the smooth performance of audit operations and deal with any queries from the auditors.
- Develop and manage relationships with relevant external bodies e.g. regulatory organisations in the downstream, auditors, solicitors, banks, etc.
- Keep up-to-date with the industry’s current tax practices and policies.
- Assist the CFO to generate statutory financial reports and statements for the group
- Work with the CFO to coordinate the development of cost management measures company-wide.
- Assist the CFO to coordinate the corporate budget preparation process across all departments.
- Work with the CFO to build and maintain relevant banking relationships to ensure availability of funds, secure favourable banking terms and rates and proper management of the accounts of the SBUs and the Group.
- Assist the CFO to manage the liquidity of the group and ensures that cash is readily available to meet the financial obligations on a need basis
- Review performance of financial service providers on a regular basis and take steps to discontinue high-risk relationships
- Liaise with the tax authorities for tax payment and receipt collection and respond to and ensure adequate follow-up on tax queries from the various tax authorities
Qualifications, Experiences and Skills
- B.Sc. Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or any related discipline (Second Class Upper Division/ HND Upper Credit)
- Relevant professional certifications e.g. Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN), Association of Certified and Chartered Accountants (ACCA) or its equivalent
- Must have worked in a bank
- MBA or Master’s Degree in a related discipline is an advantage
- Minimum of Eight (8) years relevant experience, 4 of which must have been in a supervisory position of an organization
- Experience of statutory financial reporting and knowledge of GAAP, IFRS
- Financial management, accounting, analysis
- Financial Reporting
- Knowledge of Accounting policies and processes
- Knowledge of ERP Accounting application
- Numerical and analytical skills
- Financial audit and risk management control
- Communication (written & verbal)
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills
- Negotiation skill
- Time management
- Planning and organisation
- Good communication and presentation skills
N250,000 – N400,000 nmonthly
Application Closing Date
6th August, 2021.