No one was hurt in a massive boom that rocked a street and drove locals to take refuge in a parish church after a suspected gas explosion.
Those who were affected described the scene in Goole, East Yorkshire, as ‘like a scene from the Blitz’ as 999 personnel removed the rubble from the blast early this morning.
Families on Marlborough Avenue were ordered to leave while police, firemen, and gas workers cordoned off the area.
In the early hours of this morning, a gas explosion shook a street in Goole, East Yorkshire, forcing inhabitants to seek refuge in a parish church.
The explosion tore through one of the houses, leaving a gaping hole and a fallen roof on the terrace.
After the explosion ripped through one of the houses, leaving a gaping hole and a fallen roof in the terraced house where the blast blew out, the entire street was closed.
Residents awoke to find police vans blocking both ends of the street and being informed they had to evacuate their homes.
According to one witness, ‘the entire street was evacuated to a nearby church.’
The property was occupied by a single man. We heard he attempted suicide at 2 a.m.’
Those who were affected described the scene as ‘like a scene from the Blitz’ while 999 personnel cleaned the wreckage from the bomb.
After an explosion burst through one of the houses, the entire street was shut down.
‘They departed at 8 a.m.,’ said local Lidija Jeremejeva. Everyone has left save the workers who cleaned the ruins and the police officers who have blocked half of the street from the roundabout to the middle of the street.
‘I live directly across the street from this structure.’
MailOnline has inquired with Humberside Fire and Rescue Service and Humberside Police about the cause of the explosion.
↯↯↯Read More On The Topic On TDPel Media ↯↯↯
Also On TDPel Media
- Tennessee police chief fired after details of his involvement in Maegan Hall’s sex scandal emerge
- Gabby Petito selfie before Brian Laundrie driving stop exposes damaged face
- Real-life Spider-Man’s home – located at 20 Ingram Street – hit market for 2.138million
- Harry Potter actor Warwick Davis fights to keep a historic primary school open
- As Joe addresses the nation, CHRISTIAN WHITON asks, how do we win the new “Cold War” with China?
- “Drink-driving” Land Rover driver hits four parked cars before hitting fence
- Telstra phishing letter dupes recipients into a bogus effort to capture hackers
- Archie Battersbee’s mother tells the coroner that she does not know if he participated in the ‘blackout challenge’ on TikTok
- Trans Lives Matter demonstrators occupy Oklahoma State Capitol
- ‘Shocked’ granny, 68, fined £100 for “littering” after feeding ducks bread in river