Art Teacher at Role Model School – TDPel Jobs
Role Model School (RMS) – We are delighted that you are considering RMS for your child’s education. RMS is a Christian school founded in 2001 by Daystar Christian Centre, and we have kept a holistic record of excellence since then. At Role Model School, we provide excellence in all areas of life. We value education highly and recognize it as the foundation and future of our nation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Art Teacher
Location: Oregun – Ikeja, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- To provide learning activities appropriate to the age of the pupils in order to develop an interest in and ability for creative expression.
- To develop an understanding and appreciation of art in each pupil.
- Plan and prepare a program of study to meet the needs and interests of the students
- Establish and communicate clear learning objectives
- Develop age-appropriate instructional strategies to achieve the art curriculum goals
- Demonstrate and assist students to use different techniques and media to develop artworks aligned to their artistic abilities
- Inform students about cultural and historical influences on art
- Provide instruction that encourages students to understand and appreciate art
- Encourage students to express their own personalities and thoughts through the creative process
- Assess and evaluate student’s performance on a regular basis
- Prepare progress reports
- Provide feedback to relevant stakeholders about each student’s progress
- Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and is age-appropriate
- Set and maintain acceptable standards of classroom behavior to establish an orderly learning environment
- Show students how to properly use and care for materials, tools, and equipment
- Monitor and maintain classroom inventory
- Plan and present art displays
- Develop ideas for school programs and event
- Ensure that pupils complete their daily tasks.
- Minimum of bachelor’s Degree in Fine Art or any related field.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in a good School. equivalent significant industry experience will be an added advantage.
- Solid working knowledge of the concepts, activities, and techniques related to teaching art at the required level
- Strong foundation in classroom management.
- Analytical skills
- Communication skills
- Planning and organizing
- Patience and stress tolerance
- Collaborative skills
Application Closing Date
4th August, 2021.