Reports from South African Police Services SAPS states –
The East London Regional court sentenced the director, Chidozi Aloysius Ogbona (41); his entity, Divinewatch Protection & Cleaning Services CC and a salesperson, Anele Lahle (36) for fraud which happened between 2006 and 2009.
The entity was awarded tenders at a university in Walter Sisulu and Eastern Cape Development Corporation. The invoices and Value Added Tax (VAT) were submitted for services rendered.
The accused failed to disclose to South African Revenue Services that they claimed VAT for an amount of more than R842 000-00.
After a thorough investigation by the East London based Hawks’ Serious Commercial Crime Investigation team.
The accused were arrested and charged for numerous counts of fraud. Ogbona was sentenced to five years imprisonment with an option of R100 000-00 fine whereas Lahle received a five year sentence with an option of a R50 000-00 fine. An entity was fined R160 000-00.
Ogbona and Lahle further received five year-suspended sentences.
↯↯↯Read More On The Topic On TDPel Media ↯↯↯
Also On TDPel Media
- How to Choose the Right Locksmith for Your Needs
- How to Purchase a Luxury Car From Another State?
- Crypto should be transferred off exchanges: Finder report
- Crypto exchanges to be regulated but not until 2025 or 2030: Finder Report
- Ask a Car Accident Injury Lawyer: How Much Is My Claim Worth?
- The convenience of digital tokens for oil trading
- Digital market entails a greater decentralized experience to leverage
- The technical scenario seems to address the conventional shortcomings
- How Is Ethereum A Solid Digital Token?
- How Estonia thrived on the profuse use of cryptocurrencies?