We are obsessed with the JCU (Jeopardy cinematic universe, of course). The game show is steadily expanding its reach, and Jeopardy Masters is the latest offshoot to be revealed. ABC describes the newest edition to the brainy brand as a “elite level iteration,” and will be hosted by Ken Jennings, who will oversee the show’s greatest talents as they test their intelligence once more.
Jeopardy Masters, to ABC, “will feature the six highest-ranked current Jeopardy! contestants competing in a Champions League-style tournament for the coveted title of Jeopardy! Masters Champion.”
Who are these six fortunate players? Matt Amodio, Sam Buttrey, Andrew He, James Holzhauer, Mattea Roach, and Amy Schneider will likely be present.
Each of the six standouts has a unique claim to fame, with Amodio’s 38-game winning run, Buttrey’s 96.1% average correct response score, and He’s greatest correct Daily Double wager during the season being just a few examples. Holzhauer had his own 32-game winning run, while Roach is Jeopardy’s first Gen Z winner and Schneider is second only to Jennings on the all-time total of consecutive wins.
Jeopardy Masters episodes will be one hour long and air on ABC. The network has not yet confirmed a premiere date or air time, but more information is forthcoming, so stay tuned.
Jeopardy Masters is the newest addition to Jeopardy’s expanding roster of programs. In a September interview with The New York Times, Jeopardy producer Michael Davies hinted at future developments for the game show. “What we really need to develop is the professional version of the game,” he told the site.
Davies continued, “It seemed absurd to me that we have a sport in which every year we switch out all of our best players, including our LeBron James and Dwyane Wades.”
And it appears we’re about to get exactly that!
↯↯↯Read More On The Topic On TDPel Media ↯↯↯
Also On TDPel Media
- Queens NYPD seeking for man who randomly assaulted women
- Florida adolescent Aiden Fucci admits to fatally stabbing 13-year-old cheerleader Tristyn Bailey
- Former Goldman Sachs executive Harvey Schwartz has been named CEO of Carlyle Group
- Bethany Hamilton, a surfer, says she will not compete against trans women
- I almost perished from $117K in black-market BBL injections
- “The View” Jokes About Bored Ben Affleck at Grammys: “J.Lo Should’ve Brought” Mum
- National Enquirer acquired for $100 million to indicted former MoviePass CEO: report
- Dell is eliminating almost 6,500 positions as the PC market declines
- Rasta The Artist honors Riky Rick at Cotton Festival 2023
- Emirates now offers MORE Cape Town flights