Alan Willson, 47, suffered brain damage after being whacked with a 3-foot log during a frisbee disagreement

The spouse of a care worker who was brutally attacked by a bunch of youngsters and suffered severe brain damage has pledged to be the first person one of his assailants meets once he is freed from jail.

Following a dispute over a frisbee at a park in Worthing, West Sussex, Alan Willson, 47, was hit with a 3 foot wooden log in the park on Easter Sunday of last year.

When he rushed to save an 11-year-old youngster from being tormented, he sustained a cracked skull, “severe life-changing brain damage,” lung trauma, and broken bones.

Mr. Willson is now unable to communicate or play with his kids and needs permanent care.

Harry Furlong (pictured), now 18, was jailed for 20 months for his part in the remorseless beating

George and Archie Tilley, who were 13 and 14 at the time of the incident, were sentenced to 12 years in prison for the “beyond the understanding of most people” crime.

A third child, now 18-year-old Harry Furlong, was sentenced to 20 months in prison for his involvement in the brutal beating.

He might be freed at the end of this month after serving half of his term in jail.

Annie Wilson, 51, the wife of Mr. Wilson, said to The Mirror that she is adamant on seeing Furlong face to face.

In order to act as a deterrent, she now wants to see the legislation changed in regards to significant crimes committed by minors.

Unless a court agrees to relax the reporting limitation if they believe it is in the public interest to do so, a defendant is now entitled to automatic anonymity until the age of 18 under the law.

When I sit and weep and Alan sees my tears, he starts to cry too, Annie said.

But it takes a lot more work to stop him from sobbing than it does to stop myself.

Mr Willson has been left unable to speak or play with his children following the savage beating last year

I make an effort not to weep. I revere the land he treads. The kindest guy ever, he was.

He is still. I miss his silly style of humour, loud laugh, and unceasing “I love yous.”

“In the beginning, I was arguing that hitting Alan one more time would have been preferable. Alan is not looking to burden anybody.

Annie has requested restorative justice from Sussex Police, a programme that facilitates contact between individuals impacted by crime and those who committed it.

Furlong has the choice to decline, but Annie promises that if he does, when he is released, she will be outside the prison walls.

“I want to be the first thing he sees when he gets out of that prison,” she continues.

I had to confront him for my own mental health. Just he and I, no jury or judge.

I believe he kept information back, therefore I need that resolution and to hear the whole truth from him.

I find it hard to think he will be leaving so soon. It’s disgusting.

She has visited a police station to examine the clothing her husband was wearing during the assault in an effort to find some solace after the harrowing experience, despite authorities’ warnings that they are stained with blood.

Archie (left) and George Tilley (right) were jailed for 12 years each earlier this year for the beating of Mr Willson

Mrs. Wilson claimed to have “never seen so much blood,” but said that she wanted to see them to get closure.

She also drove to Goring Train Station, where she stood on the platform as Lewes Crown Court aired footage of the youths playing out the attack from CCTV.

Following Furlong’s sentence in June, Mrs. Wilson said she embraced his mother, who expressed regret for what he had done.

She was forced to leave her career in order to care for her spouse full-time.

When Mrs. Willson discovered Mr. Willson laying on a park pathway next to their house, he was severely bleeding from his head and ears.

His injuries were considered to be severe, and the doctors informed Mrs. Willson that they did not think he would live.

Furlong was found guilty of causing great bodily injury by a vote of 11 to 1. By a unanimous vote of the jury, George and Archie Tilley were held responsible for intentionally causing severe bodily damage.

“This was a tragic act, and our sympathy are with Mr. Will son and his family,” a Ministry of Justice official said.

Harry Furlong’s release on home detention curfew has not yet been decided; sentencing is a matter for independent judges.

Those who are freed are subject to rigorous restrictions that, if breached, may result in their being sent back to jail.

↯↯↯Read More On The Topic On TDPel Media ↯↯↯

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.