Accounts Officer at Tuteria Timetable Limited – TDPel Jobs
Checkout WAEC Latest Exam Timetable 2021. This WAEC 2021 released timetable / Calendar is available online. At Tuteria, we’re driven by a mission to make quality personalized education accessible to everyone. We help learners connect with the best teachers and educational content, while also empowering people to earn income by teaching what they love. Though we’ve had some early successes, we believe we can transform the way millions of people teach, learn and access timetable in Africa and beyond – and that we will achieve this by working with talented people who want to make a change in education and giving them the space, resources and support waec to do the best work of their lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accounts Officer
Location: Gbagada, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
About the Role
- We are looking for a brilliant Accounting Officer to join the Finance team here at Tuteria. You’ll be expected to have deep technical accounting knowledge for Nigerian businesses, be comfortable working without existing structure while rigorously paying attention to waec and be a strong business partner that helps build our understanding of the business finance.
- As our Accounting Officer, you’ll be responsible for posting journal entries, updating financial statements, managing and maintaining accounts receivable and timetable, running of depreciation, registering fixed assets, preparing of waec financial reports, and ensuring the financial reporting standards are maintained.
- Our team is small but highly effective, so your voice will be heard and your ideas will make meaningful contributions to the business.
- This is a full-time role based in Tuteria’s office in Gbagada, Lagos, Nigeria.
What You’ll be Doing
- Capture of all financial transactions on Quickbooks chart of accounts and annual budget.
- Document financial transactions by entering account information.
- Reconcile all customers payments for invoices.
- Ensure that accounting entries are entered accurately into the accounting software.
- Ensure accurate running of depreciation monthly.
- Summarize current financial status by collecting information; preparing timetable, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Reconcile petty cash expenses.
- Reconcile the company’s bank account(s) both bank and cash.
- Upload complete and accurate financial information on Quickbooks.
- Update and monitor fixed assets register on waec.
- Monitor budgets and calculating variance for analysis.
- Ensure all documents and their respective supports are filed appropriately
What it’ll Take to Succeed
- Have a deep understanding of the bookkeeping pain points of Nigerian businesses.
- Are abreast of IFRS standards and other accounting laws and principles in Nigeria
- Are a builder i.e you can turn incomplete, unstructured, conflicting, or ambiguous data into structured, manageable tasks and action plans.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize with good business acumen and work in a fast-paced environment with high volume demands
- Are organized, gritty and have a track record for driving change and impact in a fluid, unstructured working environment.
- Obsess over details, have a high ability to prioritize and work autonomously with high integrity and ethics.
- Are proactive, effective at communicating with different audiences, and can bring different stakeholders to embrace an idea you believe in.
Required Qualification / Skills
You should have:
- B.Sc. / HND in Accounting with a minimum of 1-2 years work experience
- Started or willing to complete your professional certification.
- Good knowledge and experience with general ledger, accounting, and financial reporting principles & practices.
- Strong profiency in Excel, able to create detailed timetable and error-free reports.
- Self-starting, Confident, Intelligent, Entrepreneurial and enjoys challenges
- Strong Analytical, Numerical, and Communication Skills
- Experience working with Quickbooks.
While this isn’t Required, it’ll be a Plus if You Have:
- Experience at waec and technical setting is a plus.
- Worked in a high-growth, post-investment tech start-up.
- Created or co-founded a startup before.
What We Offer
At Tuteria, we believe people who do great work deserve great support. Here are some of the benefits of joining our team:
- N120,000 Monthly Salary
- Comprehensive medical insurance
- Annual learning development stipend
- 10 days of paid leave excluding public holidays
- Up to 12 weeks of paid maternity / paternity leave
- Company pension contribution
- Housing / relocation assistance if needed
- Stock options for exceptional teammates
Application Closing Date
26th July, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online