– TDPel Jobs
Justice & Empowerment Initiatives (JEI) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization based in Lagos and Port Harcourt, Nigeria, and Cotonou, Benin. We empower poor and marginalized individuals and communities to lead the changes that they would like to see in their own communities – whether greater access to justice for the poor, pro-poor urban governance and policy, or community-led in-situ upgrading and development. Our work is community driven, community owned, and community sustained. Partner communities identify their needs and set priorities – e.g. addressing violence, strengthening land tenure, or building drainages. These priorities feed into all aspects of our work.
We work hand-in-hand with urban poor social movements and grassroots networks, bringing technical expertise in a variety of professions to inform, strengthen and support community-led efforts to solve justice and development problems. Our ultimate goal is to build the capacity of poor and marginalized individuals to set up sustainable community-level and inter-community structures to support and leverage their efforts and resources to bring about lasting change.
We are seeking dynamic, creative, passionate, smart professionals to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountant / Finance Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
Start Date: Immediately
- We are looking for a committed accounting professional with significant experience in NGO/non-profit accounting to join our team as an Accountant / Finance Manager based in Lagos to oversee financial management across offices in Lagos, Port Harcourt, and Cotonou. He/she will work with, train, and oversee finance-related staff in both offices and report directly to the Co-Executive Directors.
- Ensure that JEI’s financial system runs properly in order to process financial information and generate accurate reports.
- Ensure that internal controls are maintained at an acceptable level.
- Manage and minimize risks affecting JEI’s assets.
- Ensure compliance with JEI financial policies, procedures set out in this Manual and any additional donor compliance requirements.
- Ensure timely preparation of all internal and external financial reports.
- Work with Co-Executive Directors on project and general budgeting.
- Be responsible for all aspects of cash management including:
- Monitoring accounts receivables, processing of staff payroll, and collection of debt and managing pre-payments.
- Direct, mentor/coach, appraise and supervise the other finance staff.
- Ensure that internal financial reports are generated accurately and disseminated in a timely manner.
- At least 3 years experience in NGO/non-profit accounting and financial management. Please describe the required experience in a short cover letter. Candidates with more experience are strongly encouraged to apply.
- HND and/or B.Sc. in Accounting or other relevant field.
- Working familiarity with IFRS and other relevant international standards.
- Professional certification a significant plus.
- Experience working with Quickbooks / other accounting software a plus.
- Supervision / management experience a plus.
- A competitive salary and benefits will be commensurate with experience.
Application Closing Date
On a rolling basis.