Accountant at Maurice Xandra Solutions Limited – TDPel Jobs
Maurice Xandra Solutions Limited – Our client, one of the leading players in the Oil and gas Sector, is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountant
- The Accountant is responsible for the maintenance of the companies accounts and their balances, assisting with quarterly accounting closing and preparation of accurate and timely financial statements in conformity with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) accounting principles.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts reconciliation, ensuring uniformity and consistency in recording and reporting transactions.
- Performs regular accounting closing and financial reporting activities.
- Act as subject matter expert and work closely with internal stakeholders on provisioning related queries.
- Participate in the implementation of enhancement to existing and/or new IT financial systems.
- Participate in the review and regular update of accounting policies in line with IFRS.
- Monitors financial transactions ensuring compliance with internal regulations and controls.
- Supports the internal and external audit processes.
- Identifies and communicates process improvement opportunities in areas of accounting.
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Accounting and Control/ Business Administration, majoring in Accounting, Financial Management, or other relevant fields.
- Recognized accounting certification.
- Minimum of seven (7) years relevant professional experience preferably in the oil and gas sector.
Application Closing Date
20th August, 2021.