Accountant at Maurice Xandra Solutions – TDPel Jobs
Maurice Xandra Solutions is a management consulting company that renders quality services in Human Resource, Management and Process improvement. MXS Limited was set up to provide high quality, up to date training, team management and process improvement services for its clients.
Our client, one of the leading players in the oil and gas sector is seeking to fill the role of an Accountant.
The Accountant is responsible for the maintenance of the companies accounts and their balances, assisting with quarterly accounting closing and preparation of accurate and timely financial statements in conformity with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) accounting principles.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts reconciliation, ensuring uniformity and consistency in recording and reporting transactions.
- Performs regular accounting closing and financial reporting activities.
- Act as subject matter expert and work closely with internal stakeholders on provisioning related queries.
- Participate in the implementation of enhancement to existing and/or new IT financial systems.
- Participate in the review and regular update of accounting policies in line with IFRS.
- Monitors financial transactions ensuring compliance with internal regulations and controls.
- Supports the internal and external audit processes.
- Identifies and communicates process improvement opportunities in areas of accounting.
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Accounting and Control/ Business Administration, majoring in Accounting, Financial Management, or other relevant fields.
- Recognized accounting certification.
- Minimum of seven years relevant professional experience preferably in the oil and gas sector.
Deadline: Aug 6, 2021