Orthodox Jew and outspoken Zionist Lizzy Savetsky was chosen in the summer to help fill out the cast of the self-consciously “diverse” reboot of Bravo’s classic “Real Housewives of New York City” — but she left the show in the middle of filming after a series of awkward culture clashes on and off camera, as well as a deluge of anti-Semitic online abuse.
And we’ve heard that the abuse has increased.According to Lizzy Savetsky’s friends, Bravo is missing due to anti-Semitic backlash.
We understand that Savetsky’s family is installing security equipment after her husband’s office received hate mail with “KKK” and a slur printed on the envelope.
Friends of Savetsky have contacted out to Page Six, wondering where Bravo is while its star-who-never-was bears the repercussions of their daring journey into the region of combining traditional faith with the trademark “Housewives” drama.
Sources inside Savetsky’s inner circle express amazement that the network has not sought out to her since her unsettling departure to check on her or offer support with the accelerated cyberbullying.
Savetsky quit the show in part due to the anti-Semitic vitriol she endured following her casting announcement.
Images from Getty for Fleishigs Magaz
Later, she stated on Instagram, “As a proud orthodox Jewish lady, I thought participating in this series would be a wonderful opportunity to represent individuals like me and share my perspective. Unfortunately, as soon as my casting was announced, I became the target of a barrage of anti-Semitic assaults. As this persisted, I realized that I and my family no longer belonged on this path.
According to sources, the Savetsky family has installed security equipment after Ira Savetsky’s office received hate mail.
Before she was cast, Savetsky was a prominent online influencer who, as an outspoken Zionist and member of the Orthodox community, was the object of intense online hatred.
Page Six reported in November that the influencer had left the show weeks after filming had begun.
Later, we discovered that there was more to the story. According to insiders, a woman of color on the cast used the N-word. Believing that the woman planned to tell others that the Savetskys had used the term, the husband repeated it in its entirety in front of producers. The couple and the network reached a consensus that they should exit the production.
Bravo declined to comment.
↯↯↯Read More On The Topic On TDPel Media ↯↯↯
Also On TDPel Media
- With Papoose, Jalen Rose discusses his resolve and upcoming nuptials
- For the love of music: How Spotify’s 100 Best African Love Songs playlist was built.
- RHONairobi to be premiere on Showmax
- Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones’ son, Dylan, makes rare appearance
- Ice-T mocks a Grammys guest who is observing Coco Austin: “Completely understand”
- Chris Brown apologizes to Robert Glasper and attributes his Grammys loss to the Academy
- Will Smith was scheduled to sing at the Grammys 2023 hip-hop tribute, according to Questlove
- After boycott, Jay-Z lights-up Grammys 2023 with 8-minute performance
- Grammys 2023: Here’s what you missed on television
- Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson exhibits damage following ‘survivor’ mom’s frightening automobile crash