A mother of two discovers fungi in her baby’s teething toy

A mother of two discovers fungi in her baby’s teething toy

A video of a mom cutting open her daughter’s teething toy and discovering that the inside was covered in mold has gone viral on TikTok.

The video, posted by @dr.katie.h on Friday, has since gained nearly 1 million views.

The mom of two explained that her baby daughter used to teeth on “Sophie” before it was given to her younger sibling, who recently rediscovered it.

Curious, the ER doctor decided to cut “Sophie” open, and was horrified to find mold inside.

The mom was visibly distraught by the thought that the toy had been near her infant child’s mouth.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention warns that inhaling mold spores can lead to a wide range of symptoms, including a stuffy nose, itchy skin or eyes.

In extreme cases, some can develop more severe symptoms such as fever or shortness of breath.

Nausea and upset stomach could also occur if enough harmful mold is consumed through rotten food or teething toys.

It’s important to monitor for more troubling symptoms following accidental ingestion.

Parents who watched the clip were equally troubled by Katie’s fungal find.

Some recommended cleaning bath toys with a cleaning solution, while others declared that any toy with a hole doesn’t come near their kids.

One viewer suggested that the mom overreacted and that she could simply pop the scissors in the dishwasher. The Post reached out to @dr.katie.h for comment.

»A mother of two discovers fungi in her baby’s teething toy«

↯↯↯Read More On The Topic On TDPel Media ↯↯↯