The victim, thought to be in his 70s, was seated outside a Los Angeles dining facility on August 1 eating Raffallo’s Pizza when a homeless man abruptly punched him in the face and ribs, according to video evidence.
Shin, the proprietor of a Japanese restaurant, was sitting nearby with his girlfriend when he observed the fight and hurried to capture the man.
‘We were shocked that it happened, and then I started running after him,’ Shin owner Tim Ratcliff told DailyMail.com. ‘As I rounded the corner, he turned around, and sucker punched me.’
‘I tackled him to the ground and held him there until the police arrived.’
The confrontation between Ratcliff and the homeless man took place at the intersection of La Brea and Hollywood.
Ratcliff immediately tackled the unknown robber to the ground as his girlfriend ran to assist. She then stepped on the homeless guy before retrieving the elderly man’s phone and wallet and returned them to him.
Blood may be visible on the face of the homeless man as he sought to escape Ratcliff’s grasp by blindly biting his arm.
Until cops arrive minutes later, bystanders stroll and drive by using their mobile phone cameras.
According to Ratcliff, the elderly man had bruises and was transported to the hospital. The courageous restaurant owner will testify in court on August 16.
Ratcliff said, “Hopefully everything goes well and he gets to stay in jail for a long time.”
In July, a homeless man brandishing a metal rod assaulted an Olympic silver medallist in Los Angeles. On August 1, a homeless man attacked an elderly man.
Volleyball player Kim Glass, who is 6 feet 3 inches tall, posted photos of her bleeding nose and eye after being randomly attacked in Los Angeles.
The 37-year-old woman said that the assailant was behaving abnormally before to attacking her.
The native of Los Angeles, however, reassured followers that despite the horrific slashes across her skull, she was well after receiving stitches.
Glass described how, before to the awful incident, she was leaving lunch and waving goodbye to her companions.
She said that the homeless guy had something in his hand and was standing on the other side of a parked automobile.
The Sports Illustrated model and star of the US women’s volleyball team said the attacker looked at her ‘with some pretty hateful eyes.’
Glass said that she was ready to tell her buddy that she believed something was wrong with him and that he may strike a vehicle.
She continued: ‘Before I knew it, a big metal bolt, like a pipe, hit me… it happened so fast. He literally flung it from the street.’
Glass said afterwards that she was well after receiving sutures, and that there was no lasting harm to her eyesight.
The assaults occur in the midst of a crime epidemic spreading throughout the city, which tens of thousands assert is caused by the vigilant district attorney.
George Gascon has been attacked for his lenient attitude to crime, since dangerous criminals have been released from prison early and some have not been incarcerated at all.
The Los Angeles Registrar County Office said on Monday that 195,783 of the more than 700,000 signatures received were invalid, rendering the second effort to recall the district attorney unsuccessful.
The petition needed 566,857 valid signatures, but only 520,050 were validated.
↯↯↯Read More On The Topic On TDPel Media ↯↯↯
- A courageous female Yorkie escapes the claws of a bald eagle after the bird of prey swooped down and snatched her off her owner’s backyard In Canada, a bald eagle nearly caught a brave female Yorkie as it swooped down and took the dog from her owner’s backyard. The encounter from...
- Search launched after elderly British citizen goes missing in KZN Reaction Unit South Africa (Rusa) is seeking public assistance in locating a 75-year-old British citizen who has been missing since early on Sunday morning in...
- Pope Francis asks Catholics to pray that world makes ‘courageous choices’ to protect environment Pope Francis greets supporters of the Laudato Si’ Movement at his general audience at the Vatican, Sept. 1, 2021. / Vatican Media. Vatican City, Sep...
- Anglican church honours Borno Governor for courageous leadership The Anglican Communion has honoured Borno State Governor, Professor Babagana Umara Zulum, with a “prestigious award for courageous and purposeful leadership in challenging times. ...
- Experts commend courageous decision by Ramaphosa By choosing Raymond Zondo as the new chief justice, President Cyril Ramaphosa has displayed a new backbone and rejected populist decision-making demanded by Julius Malema...
- New film reveals Ukrainian pilots’ courageous low-level operations to resupply Azovstal, which is under siege. The Ukrainian army’s bold reinforcement sprints into Mariupol under heavy Russian fire, as seen in new film. Intelligence Directorate and Azov Regiment fighters fly low...
- Will the Proteas be courageous or foolish to leave out Quinton de Kock? – Cape Town With Cricket South Africa poised to unveil the Proteas T20 squad for the T20 World Cup in Australia next month on Tuesday...
- Kenyan police arrest US citizen for suspected terrorism Kenyan anti-terrorism police officers said on Saturday they were interrogating a US citizen who was arrested as a suspected terrorist at a Nairobi shopping centre....
- Citizen Journalists Network (CJN) 2022 Social Media Intern Citizen Journalists Network (CJN) is looking for a passionate and creative social media Intern to join its team. The social media intern will support the...
- Saudi-born Canadian citizen sentenced to life imprisonment for conspiring to provide material support to Islamic State of Iraq and al-Sham A Saudi-born Canadian citizen was sentenced today to life imprisonment for conspiring to provide material support to the Islamic State of Iraq and al-Sham (ISIS),...