TDPel Media News Agency

Nobleman who arranged the Queen’s funeral is remarrying this year

Lola Smith - Author Profile Picture
By Lola Smith

The Mail on Sunday can disclose that the nobleman who oversaw the Queen’s funeral plans is getting married once again after divorcing earlier this year.

While on vacation in Italy last month, Edward Fitzalan-Howard, Duke of Norfolk is said to have proposed to his girlfriend Francesca “Chica” Herbert.

She was the ex-wife of Henry Herbert, the late 7th Earl of Carnarvon’s son and Highclere Castle’s location for the filming of Downton Abbey. Henry Herbert was the Queen’s race manager.

The Duke of Norfolk oversaw King Charles’ coronation in his capacity as Earl Marshal. He is organising his wedding for November while simultaneously getting ready for the event, the date of which is yet to be determined.

After divorcing his wife of 34 years, Georgina, the 65-year-old, Britain’s oldest lay Catholic, told this newspaper earlier this year that he was “just extremely unhappy.” By God, we tried, but it was wholly impractical, so we had to go on.

Chica, 59, will have to share her title and estate with Georgina, 60, when Chica succeeds to the title of Duchess of Norfolk.

Spread the News. Auto-share on
Facebook Twitter Reddit LinkedIn

Lola Smith profile photo on TDPel Media

About Lola Smith

Lola Smith is a highly experienced writer and journalist with over 25 years of experience in the field. Her special interest lies in journalistic writeups, where she can utilize her skills and knowledge to bring important stories to the public eye. Lola’s dedication to her craft is unparalleled, and she writes with passion and precision, ensuring that her articles are informative, engaging, and thought-provoking. She lives in New York, USA.