TDPel Media News Agency

Ruben Amorim reveals Manchester United will not sign new players in January transfer window at Old Trafford

Temitope Oke
By Temitope Oke

Manchester United are likely to keep their squad as it is this month, according to manager Ruben Amorim.

Speaking ahead of Sunday’s Premier League clash with Leeds at Elland Road, Amorim revealed that there have been “no conversations” about bringing in new players during the January transfer window.

A Focus on Survival, Not Spending

Despite United sitting sixth in the table, Amorim delivered a stark warning that the club could quickly slip down the Premier League standings if attention isn’t paid.

He stressed that the chase for Champions League football will not change the club’s approach to January transfers.

“The transfer window is not going to change.

We have no conversation to have any change in the squad,” Amorim said.

“There is a process, there is an idea. We are near the Champions League places, but we are also near eight teams behind us, so let’s focus on the next game.”

Signs of Discord Behind the Scenes

Amorim has previously hinted at disagreements with the Old Trafford hierarchy and director of football Jason Wilcox over squad reinforcement plans.

Suggested Readings (News continues below)

Speaking at Christmas, he explained that sometimes his vision for the team differs from the board’s.

“I think we are doing things; sometimes I have one idea, Jason and the board has another idea but every decision we make, we need to reach a common ground,” he said.

“That is really important because you don’t need to make everything for the manager because the manager can change and then you need to change everything.

But you also need to understand that the manager understands the way of playing.”

Limited Spending Power

Before United’s 1-1 draw with Wolves, Amorim suggested that the club’s spending power may be limited after a £236million summer outlay.

Building the ideal 3-4-3 system would require not just money but time, he admitted, and he may need to adapt to the squad he currently has.

“I have the feeling that if we have to play a perfect 3-4-3, we need to spend a lot of money and we need time.

So, I’m starting to understand that that is not going to happen. So, maybe I have to adapt,” he said.

No Departures Expected Either

With no arrivals expected, it seems unlikely that any United players will leave in January either.

Amorim confirmed that no players have approached him about transfers, even amid speculation surrounding Joshua Zirkzee, Kobbie Mainoo, and Manuel Ugarte.

“No, none of them. I don’t expect them to come to me to ask anything,” Amorim said, leaving it clear that the squad will largely remain intact for the busy winter period.

What’s Next for Manchester United

For now, Amorim’s focus is entirely on the immediate fixtures, including Sunday’s trip to Leeds.

With little to no transfer activity on the horizon, the manager is putting trust in his current squad to navigate a challenging run of games while maintaining Premier League hopes.

Spread the News. Auto-share on
Facebook Twitter Reddit LinkedIn
Related News

Temitope Oke profile photo on TDPel Media

About Temitope Oke

Temitope Oke is an experienced copywriter and editor. With a deep understanding of the Nigerian market and global trends, he crafts compelling, persuasive, and engaging content tailored to various audiences. His expertise spans digital marketing, content creation, SEO, and brand messaging. He works with diverse clients, helping them communicate effectively through clear, concise, and impactful language. Passionate about storytelling, he combines creativity with strategic thinking to deliver results that resonate.