TDPel Media News Agency

Mpumalanga man set to apply for bail after allegedly murdering three family members

Pelumi Emmanuel - Author Profile Picture
By Pelumi Emmanuel

The 41-year-old man who allegedly murdered three family members at Mzinoni in Bethal Mpumalanga is expected to apply for bail on Friday in the local Magistrate’s Court.

Mthunzi Nkabinde allegedly shot to death his father-in-law, brother-in-law, and sister-in-law after an argument with his wife.

It is alleged that Nkabinde also assaulted his wife before shooting her.

She was admitted to hospital after sustaining gunshot wounds.

The victims were laid to rest last week.

The suspect is known for harassing family

Nkabinde’s mother-in-law Duduzile Phakathi says the suspect has a reputation for harassing the family.

Another family member, Fani Phakathi says this was not the first time the suspect assaulted and pointed a firearm at his wife.

Phakathi says, “I knew it was coming and I told everyone in the family. He is going to finish the whole family because it is his intention. He once pointed at his wife with a firearm. The state only warned him. The state failed us. I saw that it was coming.”

-Additional reporting by Mthobisi Mkhaliphi

Spread the News. Auto-share on
Facebook Twitter Reddit LinkedIn

Pelumi Emmanuel profile photo on TDPel Media

About Pelumi Emmanuel

Pelumi Emmanuel is an accomplished writer and journalist with over 15 years of experience in the industry. He is a passionate and dedicated professional who is committed to producing high-quality content that informs, engages, and entertains readers. Pelumi’s love for reading and writing is evident in his work, which has been read worldwide and has garnered him a loyal following. His journalistic expertise is matched only by his natural talent for storytelling, making his articles both informative and engaging. He lives in California, USA.